We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel?

Which Port El Kantaoui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 1
Which hotel?

My partner and I will be travelling to PEK for the first time in April. We are basically looking for a beachy holiday but would like to be within walking distance of the port. Please can anyone recommend which of the 3 hotels we are currently considering would be best - or an alternative?! Looking at El Mouradi Palm Marina, Riu Bellevue Park or Marhaba Palace?

Thank you in advance...

reviews: 6
1. Re: Which hotel?

Lol, now you have mentioned the Riu Bellevue, my Aunt and Uncle stayed there and loved it, the only hotel shes been in that she would visit more than once!! Shes been to a LOT of hotels in 35 yrs,lol. I believe its one of the furthest away from the Port tho thats the only drawback.

Julie :-D

2. Re: Which hotel?

Let us know what you decide Liz

Julie :-D

Edited: 6:22 am, March 04, 2013
Wigan
reviews: 43
3. Re: Which hotel?

We are also going to PEK fir the 1st time in April. We booked Bellevue Park after Thomson had it on offer at £346pp for the week.

It seems to be 30-40 minutes walk to Marina but only 1 dinar pp by minibus or 5 dinar by taxi. 1 dinar is apparently about 45p. Someone went to El Jem for 6 dinar by minibus so I would not worry too much about distance from Marina.

4. Re: Which hotel?

To be fair, Liz did ask for hotels within walking distance to Port.

That taxi price seems rather expensive tbh, you can get to Sousse from PeK and back for that price,lol.

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
reviews: 58
5. Re: Which hotel?

5 dinar is about the going rate for a taxi from the Riu Bellevue Park to the marina,about £2.50,cheap really,Juliemoomoo 5 dinars there and back in a taxi to Sousse !!! incredible price,how did you manage that,your haggling skills must be exceptional lol

UK
reviews: 13
6. Re: Which hotel?

I'm laughing because we paid 4 dinars from Sousse to Pek, taxi drivers will always try to get away with what they can. The distance from the hotel to the port should be no more than 2 dinars.

north west
reviews: 5
7. Re: Which hotel?

Hi

We stayed at marhaba palace. Really liked it, everyone was great. Food was good. And i think it is the closest to the port,because we used to walk there everyday n im sure it only used to take us 10min. We chose close proximity because we had a wheelchair.

Yorkshire
reviews: 3
8. Re: Which hotel?

Riu Palace Marhaba, is 45 minutes walk to the marina, 5 dinars by taxi, 10-12 dinars by horse and carridge. Food ok at the hotel, but not as good as other Riu 5 * hotels that we have been in. Food spicy and curried, not much plain food and not always replaced when it runs out. Food pretty much the same day after day. Not much variation in fruit, saw some bananas before we left and managed to get half a banana each. Waiter service varies depening on the amount of staff available, they do try, but not up to UK standards. Drinks only local and not branded unless you pay extra, wines with meals poor quality, but they do sell better quality wines at the hotel about £10-£18.00 a bottle. Drinks bar is basic, again drinks local brands, entertainment poor. A la cate rest only available on a Tuesday. Indoor swimming pool ok, but packed with local children at the weekends. Gym eqpt looks old, and the male member of staff was not welcoming or helpful. Bath towels in bedrooms have seen better days, no pile on them and realy small. No T or coffee making facilaties in the bedrooms. Hotels in Tunisia if rated as 5* are not up to the same standard as 5* elswhere so be prepared. Trips from Thomson rep very expensive and don't be misled by the Thomson Rep into paying 80 dinars per person to go through express check in at the airport and VIP lounge, when we were there, there were no queues at the airport, there were plenty of seats inside the waiting area at the airport and the toilets were spotless. Totally opposite to what the Thomson rep had informed us. So don't waste your 80 dinars per person, for vip check in and lounge, he must be on commission. People from the Riu Bellevue were going to the Imperial to use the pool as they said the pool was bigger in the Imperial. Other guests also said that the Bellevue was a frendlier hotel and that you could help yourself to drinks. Outside the Hotel, the general area was dirty, untidy with lots of litter and general piles of rubbish dumped everywhere. Weather was not good early March, cold and windy 3 days out of 6.

London, United...
reviews: 1
9. Re: Which hotel?

Thank you all for your advice. After recommendations, I think we are going to go for Marhaba Palace. Julie, or anyone else who's been, do you know how much we would pay for a taxi transfer from the airport? TC are charging £48 which I thought was a bit expensive but obviously haven't been and don't know difficult it is to get one!

Thanks

Liz

Durham, United...
reviews: 16
10. Re: Which hotel?

Liz are you aware that next door to the Marhaba Palace is a large constuction site?

They are rebuilding a hotel and it was still a building site when we walked past at Christmas.

Have a look at the review section and look at the photos and you can see how close this is.

We stayed at the Riviera hotel at Christmas and it was lovely.

Its nearer to the Post than the Riu hotels.

Book your transfers with Transfers4U .we only paid £8.50 each and booked tham with TC as they are a TC company.

See the other post about takis.

Edited: 2:48 pm, March 07, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Port El Kantaoui