We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Building woek next to Marhaba Palace

Which Port El Kantaoui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leicestershire
reviews: 36
Building woek next to Marhaba Palace

Hiya

Could anyone provide an update on the building work next to the Marhaba Palace PEK. When we stayed at the Riviera last May the the hotel next to the palace had just been demolished. I fancy the look of this hotel and there are some good AI deals on.

Peter

reviews: 6
1. Re: Building woek next to Marhaba Palace

Im staying at the Marhaba Palace in mid April, I had an update letter from Thomson back in October, the old Green Park hotel was demolished, new hotel being built, the last I checked all the floors were up so hopefully no dust,lol.

Thomson have assured me that we will be placed in a room far from building work, im not bothered about it anyhow really. I vowed 5 years ago when I drove past the Marhaba that id love to stay there and thats what im determined to do,lol. One hundred and ten days til I get to Surrey to stay with my Fiances Brother, then hes taking us to Gatwick 2 days later, cant blimmin wait!!!

Julie :-D

Durham, United...
reviews: 16
2. Re: Building woek next to Marhaba Palace

I just came back from the Riviera yesterday and as we had previously stayed at the Green park we went to see how it was getting on.

It is still a shell with 3 large cranes on site.

There were lots of workmen waiting outside at the end of the afternoon and I personally wouldnt want to spend a holiday overlooking this building site.

I will try and put a photo on the Green Park review section.

sunderland
reviews: 29
3. Re: Building woek next to Marhaba Palace

as knitter says ,workmen all over the place ,i wouldnt want to see that every day on holiday.it may be different by the time you go but it looked a long way from done .

England
reviews: 10
4. Re: Building woek next to Marhaba Palace

Can I just ask a question- is this marhaba or imperial marhaba? Only been to PEK once before and so some of the hotel names are familiar but not sure exactly where you're talking about. I'm staying at the RIU imperial marhaba palace in March and worrying now. Any replies appreciated. Thanks

England
reviews: 10
5. Re: Building woek next to Marhaba Palace

Just realised my error and diff between marhaba palace and imperial marhaba! Ignore that one!

Leicestershire
reviews: 36
6. Re: Building woek next to Marhaba Palace

Thanks for the update everyone - looks like the building work is ongoing. Given that First Choice are banging the hotel out at £550 forn two weeks AI mid May I'm still tempted to book this

peter

Durham, United...
reviews: 16
7. Re: Building woek next to Marhaba Palace

Thomas Cook seem to have the best offers.

The week before Christmas their prices came right down it was almost as cheap for 1 week AI as a night in the UK B&B.

I am looking at prices for April and TC are at least £100 each cheaper for the same hotel as Thomson/First Choice.

reviews: 6
8. Re: Building woek next to Marhaba Palace

BOOK IT PETER!!!

I booked with Thomson in August for our holiday in April, 2 weeks all inc for 2 of us. Thirteen hundred give or take a few pounds. Seriously, at that price for May, id book it.

Julie :-D

9. Re: Building woek next to Marhaba Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, January 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Port El Kantaoui