We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shorts allowed

Which Monastir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
united kingdom
reviews: 1
shorts allowed

is there a dress code for men , can they wear shorts in the restaurants in thallasa holiday village skanes

Edited: 1:04 pm, December 30, 2012
Antwerp, Belgium
reviews: 5
1. Re: shorts allowed

Would you go in a restaurant in the UK in your shorts ????

London
reviews: 21
2. Re: shorts allowed

Not sure about your hotel rcdfan but my experience of Tunisian hotels is, fairly smart 3/4 length shorts no problem. What they object to is people who come straight from swimming pool is skimpy trunks. Hopefully someone who has stayed at Thallasa will give you definitive reply but probably best take light pair of trouser just in case.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 66
3. Re: shorts allowed

I am in Tunisia right now and it seems like most hotels have very specific posts outside the restaurant regarding pool-wear in the restaurant. As Wanderin_star said, pool-side clothes are generally not allowed. Shorts are sometimes allowed depending on the hotel, but people generally put in at least some effort to put on "more proper" attire for dinner.

From what I saw, t-shirts and respectable shorts were more common at breakfast and lunch when the sun was out and people were starting their day. Never anything short. Never any bathing suits.

Dinners were slightly more upper-casual dress...the people in shorts definitely looked out of place. Some restaurants don't allow shorts at all at dinner.

4. Re: shorts allowed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:05 am, December 31, 2012
Wiltshire
Destination Expert
for Sousse, Port El Kantaoui
reviews: 17
5. Re: shorts allowed

Men should wear long trousers for the evening meal. they consider this to be polite.Ladies modest attire nice top & skirt or dress not low cut.or hot pants

Edited: 5:08 pm, December 31, 2012
Antwerp, Belgium
6. Re: shorts allowed

Thats already the 2nd message of Wanderin_star that is deleted in two days.... Weird...

London
reviews: 21
7. Re: shorts allowed

That was me maenan - had problem with my account with 'remove my post' function not working. T.A. fixed it and I removed couple of my posts to check it was working again. Hope that makes sense lol.

Antwerp, Belgium
8. Re: shorts allowed

Ha, good to know, thought you had said something undescent that I had missed ;-))

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hammamet
reviews: 28
9. Re: shorts allowed

Clean knee lenght shorts would be OK.

Definitley NO SWIM WEAR!!!!

This is the norm in 90% of the all hotels I stayed in.

Cheers

Cas

Antwerp, Belgium
10. Re: shorts allowed

as long as you wear no socks under it..... :-))))

ps: i would take a long trouser, you might end up in the 10% of the hotels that is consequent andwhere the managment follows their own rules....

Get answers to your questions about Monastir