We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does Hand luggage get weighed at Enfidah airport departures

Which Hammamet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
reviews: 5
Does Hand luggage get weighed at Enfidah airport departures

Hi does anyone know if your Hand luggage get's weighed at Enfidah airport departures

Thanks Lyn

Southampton, England
reviews: 10
1. Re: Does Hand luggage get weighed at Enfidah airport departures

Why wouldn't it. Airlines need to know the weight of the luggage to calculate, take of speed, wing settings and fuel needed. Let alone the airlines have restrictions on weights.

Bristol, United...
2. Re: Does Hand luggage get weighed at Enfidah airport departures

You are right there, but none of our party's hand luggage was weighed going out

So I was just wondering that all.

Thanks

Southampton, England
reviews: 10
3. Re: Does Hand luggage get weighed at Enfidah airport departures

I apologise, because i never saw the hand bit in the luggage question. Makes sense now. Thought the question was rather peculiar.

They calculate a rough gestomate of hand luggage weight per person depending on airlines, you might get it weighed. Depends how its enforced at the airport. Sometimes they look at the size and dont bother

Edited: 5:37 pm, September 20, 2013
dundee
reviews: 14
4. Re: Does Hand luggage get weighed at Enfidah airport departures

Been there 5 times in last 2 years and never been weighed

Bristol, United...
5. Re: Does Hand luggage get weighed at Enfidah airport departures

Thanks very much,

reviews: 9
6. Re: Does Hand luggage get weighed at Enfidah airport departures

Ours wasnt weighed at Gatwick or at Enfidha, lol, i do find it silly for them not to tho, seeing as a few peeps in front of us had bags the size of medium suitcases!!! Lol.

Julie

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 23
7. Re: Does Hand luggage get weighed at Enfidah airport departures

mine wasn't weighed, nor did I see any body else have there's weighed either, might be the luck of the draw depending on who is on duty? they don't confiscate your bottles of water or enforce the 100ml liquid rule either

Exeter, United...
reviews: 29
8. Re: Does Hand luggage get weighed at Enfidah airport departures

Flew back last week and didn't see any hand luggage being weighed. There was a lady in front of us in the queue who could barely lift her "hand" luggage, which was a holdall on wheels that looked a lot bigger than the maximum size. No one batted an eyelid.

reviews: 9
9. Re: Does Hand luggage get weighed at Enfidah airport departures

They definately didnt let anybody thru with water or items more than 100ml and not in clear bags at Enfidha in April.

Julie

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
reviews: 27
10. Re: Does Hand luggage get weighed at Enfidah airport departures

we came through in May with our drinks on show, the small bottles of water and nobody bothered, but as others have said it depends who is on duty,

i cant see the point of weighing hand luggage on arrival when you can buy in the duty free, a couple of 1ltr bottles of drink which can weigh a kilo or so, they should clamp down on the size of it, the budget airlines do,

alan

Get answers to your questions about Hammamet