We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Change hotels?

Which Hammamet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester, United...
reviews: 27
Change hotels?

Me my partner and daughter who will nearly be 2 are going in to Hammamet for 2weeks. We are booked to stay at the end of August at Club Omar Khayam. The only thing that made us book this hotel was the fact they were getting a refurb. I've not heard anything about the refurb at the min. I have looked at other hotels and like the look of Holiday Village Manor. Should we pay to change to here or should we stay where we are booked?!?

Any (friendly) advise is welcome.

Edinburgh
reviews: 13
1. Re: Change hotels?

Who did you book with?

Leicester, United...
2. Re: Change hotels?

Thomson/ first choice

Belfast, United...
reviews: 46
3. Re: Change hotels?

why dont you private message ,some of the people who have just returned.

before putting yourself out to more costs

Leicester, United...
4. Re: Change hotels?

No recent reviews. Maybe a sign or a refurb? I'm hoping.

Belfast, United...
reviews: 46
5. Re: Change hotels?

have they got a facebook page

Edinburgh
6. Re: Change hotels?

Lilo

Ok. Its First choice. Been with them many times.

I would wait till nearer the time of your holiday.

If then, you are not happy about the Omar, then ask for an alternative without extra costs.

They may offer put you next door in the Dar Khayam... Sister hotel .

Its a hotel that is more popular anyway with UK visitors

The Omar has a lot of French and other mainland European guests.

Asking for a change at present may cost .Unless they offer a hotel at similar price.

Let us know how it goes.

Good Luck

Mick

Edited: 1:38 pm, April 04, 2013
Leicester, United...
7. Re: Change hotels?

Thanks Mick.

I get in a panic and just have to react straight the way. Yea probs right to wait and see what's what. If we change I wanna change to Holiday Village Manor, and just pay the difference. But we'll stay put for now.

The French thing don't bother me, I speak quite a bit of French so hopefully want feel to lost.

n wales
reviews: 6
8. Re: Change hotels?

Hi we stay at sister hotel beach and water sports fab you can use the shared slide pool and around the pool snack bar and reception was posh when we walked through last June so wouldn't worry rooms are prob same as dar basic with flat screen tv good enough for time you spend in them wouldn't waste money changing the Omar has mostly French staying there but plenty of English at slide pool and you can use the dar too or change to dar when you get there but it looks a nice hotel

Edinburgh
9. Re: Change hotels?

I wasn't knocking the French though :-) Just some info on the Omar

I am a long time visitor to Tunisia

I would have no problem visiting either hotel .So hold your horses a wee while for more gen on the refurb.

As nic26 says you have the bonus of using facilities at both,

Which is great.

Some of the Marhaba Hotels in the resorts do this sharing thing also. Certainly attracts people to book

So much we are going to the Marhaba Salem/Royal Salem in Sousse

Don't fret

oh ...and it will be very hot when you do go !

Edited: 6:25 pm, April 04, 2013
Leicester, United...
10. Re: Change hotels?

I didn't think u we're knocking the French. Thanks for you advise. We usually holiday in a part of turkey where 95% of guest are German and I know about 2 German words! Haha.

I worked in Hammamet in 2009 for about 6months but stayed in one of my bosses apartments. Now I want to return to see everything again with my family but stay in a hotel.

Do they still have that train looking thing that drives you from Yasmine Hammamet to Hammamet?

Thanks again everyone, I appreciate it a lot.

Get answers to your questions about Hammamet