We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you visit another Hotel for evening entertainment ?

Which Hammamet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
glasgow
reviews: 15
Can you visit another Hotel for evening entertainment ?

Can you visit other hotel out with the chain you staying in, see a bit off the hotel and stay for a drink and see if the entertainment is decent ?

Hammamet, Tunisia
Destination Expert
for Tunisia
reviews: 3
1. Re: Can you visit another Hotel for evening entertainment ?

some hotels you can, others you can't.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hammamet
reviews: 28
2. Re: Can you visit another Hotel for evening entertainment ?

Khal is right. Some hotels are accessible to non-guests for drinks and entertainment. However, this sort of hotels are of a low rating desperate for business from whatever sours it comes. There is no vetting, no security checks and no regards for the safety of their guests whom the entertainment is for and not to share with some strangers walking in and out. In fact, most hotels thefts and disturbance are committed by non-guests.

Other hotels have a strict non-outsiders policy, (unless invited by a guest, who would take full responsibility, hould anything goes wrong). One way to go around this is to explain that you are checking the hotel out for future visit, and you would like to see what is like before your consider booking it on future occasion.

Cheers

Cas

Antwerp, Belgium
reviews: 5
3. Re: Can you visit another Hotel for evening entertainment ?

sorry, but i dont agree with your opinion.

We are in a hotel in Sousse now that is lucky enough not fully AI. The bar in reception is for every one.

But there is still security on the main gates to keep an eye on who walks in. Never felt one moment insecure!

Edited: 7:52 am, November 23, 2012
Antwerp, Belgium
reviews: 5
4. Re: Can you visit another Hotel for evening entertainment ?

sorry, but i dont agree with your opinion.

We are in a hotel in Sousse now that is lucky enough not fully AH. The bar in reception is for every one.

But there is still security on the main gates to keep an eye on who walks in. Never felt one moment insecure!

glasgow
reviews: 15
5. Re: Can you visit another Hotel for evening entertainment ?

I would like to visit les orangers beach and see the band Zanana, if they are on in any bars please advise

A guest did try to pick pocket my hubby, normally a punch up would follow but we didnt say anything as our transfare was due

think i will email them

London
reviews: 21
6. Re: Can you visit another Hotel for evening entertainment ?

In Sousse I also wander into Movenpick hotel for a drink - as its a brand new 5 star hotel would hardly call it low rating.

The problem is feefee the completely AI hotels will not allow you in as they usually have no facility to take money from non AI guests. Les Orangers is completely AI so you will be unable to wander in. I doubt whether you could go with a guest of the hotel as there will be no facility to take money for drinks.This is another downside of AI as previously could wander into any hotel for a drink.

Edited: 1:38 pm, November 23, 2012
Isle of Wight...
reviews: 22
7. Re: Can you visit another Hotel for evening entertainment ?

Hi Fee

Only seen Zanzana at Les O, and the keyboard player does a set five nights a week there as well, not sure if they do any other hotels. They used to play the Havana Club every Wed, whether they still do I am not sure. First time we saw them they did two nights a week but seems to be just Thursdays now, although it was mentioned that they may play extra sets on the beach in mid summer. Too hot for us so never found out. As for using the facilities at Les O or any of the other hotels, I suspect money talks and for the right price a nights admission could be arranged knowing the Tunisian culture of making a bob or two wherever possible.

Stupid pickpocket, should know better than to expect to find money in a married man's pocket. It's all in the wife's handbag.

Regards

Andy

Zanzana Groupie

Edited: 1:48 pm, November 23, 2012
8. Re: Can you visit another Hotel for evening entertainment ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, December 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Hammamet