We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost

Which Hammamet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, N.Ireland
reviews: 8
Cost

Hi,

I'm off to Les Citronniers in a fortnight. Could someone let me know how many dinars there are to the ��. Also how much for a beer, wine , meal etc. Does Tunisia tend to be less expensive than Europe?

Also, I've been advised to take some Irish whisky to barter with. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Ballymoney, United...
reviews: 7
1. Re: Cost

Theres just over two dinar to the pound - 1 dinar = 40p (or there abouts)

In June a large beer (short pint) was 3.5 dinar in the hotel and 4 dinar for a litre in resort. Shorts were very expensive - 6 dinar upwards for a 1/16 measure. Local wine around 6 pounds a bottle, imported wine - you will need a mortgage :)

Meals very very cheap. We only ate out at lunch and never paid more then 7 pounds for two with drinks.

Taking whisky is a good idea - only if thats what you drink yourself. The idea of getting a leather jacket for the price of a bottle is now folklore. Whisky will cost about 40 pounds a bottle in Tunisia but they are well aware that you can buy two litres for 15 pounds duty free so wont barter to a higher value.

Enjoy your holiday

cork, Ireland
2. Re: Cost

Let us know how u get on as are goint to the same hotel end of august. Hope u have a fantastic time there.

Get answers to your questions about Hammamet