We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook Hotels Djerba

Which Djerba Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 13
Thomas Cook Hotels Djerba

Can anyone recommend the best Thomas Cook Hotel on Djerba?

Which ones shouldn't I touch with a barge pole?

The Iberostar Mehari seems to get some good reviews.

It wikll have to be TC as they fly from Mancehester unlike Thomsons who only go from the south.

We enjoyed our holiday in Mahdia at the Riu El Mansour but that was a Thomson hotel.

Anything of comparable value would be fine.

We are not fusspots.

Thanks

9 replies to this topic
Gosport, United...
reviews: 26
1. Re: Thomas Cook Hotels Djerba

Only practical down-to-earth folk come from Kendal (wink)!

Take a few bars of mint cake for the room maid.

Liverpool
reviews: 10
2. Re: Thomas Cook Hotels Djerba

The best hotel on Djerba with Thomas Cook is supposed to be Sentido Djerba Beach. It's in their holiday with style range meaning you get the extra 5kg luggage etc included. I never stayed at this hotel but know people who have. I think it all depends on what you want from a holiday. I went one evening to see the entertainment there and it was "ok". I thought the entertainment was better in the hotel I was at. I loved Djerba think it's a nicer place than the main land, but I'm sure everyone's experience is different. Iberostars are normally of a good standard.

London, United...
3. Re: Thomas Cook Hotels Djerba

Thanks for your helpful reply CA 1980.

Well its got to be better than the mainland area on the way to Mahdia!.What a dump.

Even so we enjoyed or holiday in Mahdia.The hotel was fine[Rui El Mansour] and the lack of hassle compared with Morocco was welcome.

Are there esily accessed rural areas near the hotels?

I do a lot of birdwatching.Despite its low quality scenery.Mahdia was surrounded by fields,vineyards and aread to get out and do some birdwatching.

North Yorkshire
reviews: 17
4. Re: Thomas Cook Hotels Djerba

Hi, we were at the Mehari in September and thought it was a great hotel for the money, it took us a while to decide between the Sentido and Mehari, so put caution to the wind and as we have stayed at Iberostar Hotels before decided on the Mehari. It does depend on how realistic you are when choosing a hotel, we went not expecting a lot as we hadn't paid a lot and it turned out to be much better than we thought. The beach sellers weren't a problem either, just a polite no thank you did the trick. Us Yorkshire folk like value for money, however I do expect cleanliness, reasonable food and drink, no tummy bugs and facilities that work and I feel we definitely got that at the Mehari. A friend of mine has stayed at the Sentido and they loved that so I think you may have a tough time deciding!

London, United...
5. Re: Thomas Cook Hotels Djerba

Thanks!

Very helpful.

We will have to weigh this up.

Can you confirm how both hotels are located.

I enjoy birdwatching as close to the hotel as possible.

At the Riu El Mansour Mahdia for example I could get to the vineyard/farmland/ countryside in minutes

Is there any similar terrain close to either hotel?

Any largish green area handy will suffice so I can have a look at the local birdlife.

reviews: 6
6. Re: Thomas Cook Hotels Djerba

Have you tried google satalite maps or the like?

Gosport, United...
reviews: 26
7. Re: Thomas Cook Hotels Djerba

What about this link that you contributed to...

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297941-i9901-k4…

Or PM any of the other members who contributed.

reviews: 6
8. Re: Thomas Cook Hotels Djerba

Thought id seen summat about bird watching with the OPs name on before and about Djerba too, lol

London, United...
9. Re: Thomas Cook Hotels Djerba

Why the lol Julimoomoo?You must have a strange sense of humour if you think my enquiry warrants lots of laughs.

The enquiry last year was of a different nature altogether.I was seeking general info about birdwatching in the area.

So if anyone has any sensible responses about the surroundings around these two hotels it would be much appreciated

Basically can I easily access the local countryside or fields and farm areas from either hotel to do some birdwatching?

Maybe both are completely surrounded by urbanisation.I don't know hence my fairly straightforward enquiry.

anyone who has stayed at either hotel will have some idea.

The Google map is not conclusive.

Thanks again in anticipation of helpful responses.

Edited: 3:38 pm, October 04, 2013
Reply to: Thomas Cook Hotels Djerba
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Djerba Island
More Djerba Island Topics