We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid May

Which Djerba Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colchester, United...
reviews: 7
Mid May

Hi, My apologies in advance as this question has probably been asked several times.

I was wondering what the weather would be like in Mid-may time? I want to go on a one week trip around the 12th may just to get some sunshine and I'm torn between Djerba, Antalya in turkey or Morocco. (I know Egypt would be a safe bet for sunshine but both me and my partner have been there before.)

Many Thanks :)

4 replies to this topic
thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
reviews: 17
1. Re: Mid May

we alway's go in may or september like a few others on the forum, its warm to hot without the fierce sun, you could catch the odd shower in may but they dont last long, you will still get a tan,

the thing with morocco is you could get early morning mist untill noon if you are on the coast around agadir,

alan

Edited: 1:09 pm, September 03, 2013
reviews: 6
2. Re: Mid May

I think mainly with Agadir and the mist problem is more often around July/August. We went in September, people i know have been in April and May and June, we never experianced the dreaded mist but had all sorts of reports from July and August time that its terrible, stayed for the whole two weeks of my friends holiday, altho it does lift around 1-2pm .

Tunisia in May will be lovely. Ive only ever gone at end March/Begining April and last two weeks of April and weather has been hot and sunny but like Alan says not overbearing, really lovely to walk in and sunbathe in.

Julie

Colchester, United...
reviews: 7
3. Re: Mid May

Thanks for the advice :) sounds like it will be lovely. X

Gosport, United...
reviews: 27
4. Re: Mid May

If you're looking at Antalya, also have a peek at Icmeler and Fethiye. Both are excellent spots in areas of glorious natural scenery.

Reply to: Mid May
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Djerba Island