We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is it safe to travel to Djerba in August?

Which Djerba Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wroclaw, Poland
is it safe to travel to Djerba in August?

Dear all,

I would like to ask for your advice regarding travelling to Djerba this month. My brother and his wife-to-be are going on their honeymoon to Djerba in the end of August. I'm a bit afraid of this journey as you can constantly hear about the riots in Tunisia. Are the tourists safe if they don't go off the touristics places in Djerba? I know that they don't want to travel very far, they want just relax.

So, has anyone of you been recently in Djerba? What are your opinions about the current situation there?

Any answers are much appreciated.

Thank you,

Gosia

Liverpool
reviews: 10
1. Re: is it safe to travel to Djerba in August?

Hi, the protests are mostly on the main land, i doubt very much that any protests would spread to or be seen on Djerba. Djerba is a small Island off the main land and your brother will be very safe. Even travelling onto the main land would not be a problem. I have been on the main land when protests have been happening and i have known nothing about them until i got home and was told.

There is nothing to worry about at all. They will have a fabulous time. I am also travelling to Djerba at the end of August and it hasnt even crossed my mind that there would be a problem. Im also looking at booking a week in Hammamet. I can understand that by the why the news is sent out that people are concerned about travelling, but there is a small chance that you would see any problems, even on the main land.

Wroclaw, Poland
2. Re: is it safe to travel to Djerba in August?

Hey Ca1980, thanks for your answer :) it calmed me down. I was so concerned as our Ministry of Foreign Affairs warns about travelling to Tunisia. I hope it's like you say and they will have a great holiday. And I also wish you a great time in Djerba! :)

Gillingham...
reviews: 6
3. Re: is it safe to travel to Djerba in August?

hi, we went for a week to Djerba on 17th july. we booked it last jan and i must admit i was worried and in march even went into the travelagents to ask about changing to a differen destination, they advised me not to do so, as it was a lovely place and any trouble was on the mainland, and if there were any danger to tourists then we would be told and advised not to travel.

anyway, we went and had a lovely week, no problems at all, we stayed at thr Rui Palm Azur hotel, which was great, we only left the hotel to go to the shops opposite and did one trip to the crococdile place. so go and have a lovely time.i was very ,very hot, but a dip in the lovely pool soon cooled us down .

bev

Wroclaw, Poland
4. Re: is it safe to travel to Djerba in August?

hi Bev, thanks for your reply :) good to hear that you had a lovely time!

5. Re: is it safe to travel to Djerba in August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 21, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Djerba Island
More Djerba Island Topics