We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers

Which Djerba Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
blackpool
reviews: 47
Transfers

Hi there, We have a transfer included with thomas cook as part of our holiday at the Eden Star in September but I have seen on forums that because we are staying in Zarzis the transfer can be up to 2 and a half hours. I wondered about booking a private transfer instead. I can negotiate a taxi on the spot if I have to but would prefer to have it sorted out in advance if possible, Does anybody have any knowledge of the transfer time and if the coach does go all round the other hotels on the island before heading down to Zarzis? Any help would be much appreciated.

Liverpool
reviews: 10
21. Re: Transfers

No problem :)

I think if you are wanting to book a private taxi do it prior to arrival, as i have read somewhere on a forum that it is difficult on arrival to find a taxi that will take you accross the causeway to Zarzis. Its totally your decision if you do the same as us and book for a coach and hope for the private taxi, or if you just pay the price for the private taxi. I am due to go back in September and have booked the same through MedHotels as i did in June, ive just got my fingers crossed its a private taxi again, but even if its not there will only be one or 2 drop offs instead of a coach load of people. I much prefer it this way, as after the journey there all i want is to get to the hotel and settle in, hate waiting around and sitting on a stuffy coach!!

blackpool
reviews: 47
22. Re: Transfers

hi thanks for the advice, very helpful. I will take a look at MedHotels. Very good point about the causeway being a block to a private taxi if booked on arrival. thanks for your help.

23. Re: Transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 31, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Djerba Island
More Djerba Island Topics