We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers

Which Djerba Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
blackpool
reviews: 46
Transfers

Hi there, We have a transfer included with thomas cook as part of our holiday at the Eden Star in September but I have seen on forums that because we are staying in Zarzis the transfer can be up to 2 and a half hours. I wondered about booking a private transfer instead. I can negotiate a taxi on the spot if I have to but would prefer to have it sorted out in advance if possible, Does anybody have any knowledge of the transfer time and if the coach does go all round the other hotels on the island before heading down to Zarzis? Any help would be much appreciated.

algeria
1. Re: Transfers

Hello, makoshr,

about the transfer it is not a problem there about a 20 min and you arrived to zarzis .

if you need any helps just ask, i see i can help you there cause me too i will be there in septembre too and till now didnt chose any hotel. i have a good idea about the area but didnt staying at hotels for longtime .

blackpool
2. Re: Transfers

That sounds a bit better news than I thought. My concern was that because we are using an arranged shuttle it would visit all the other hotels first. I am keen to get to our hotel as soon as possible as our flight comes in late. Thanks for your help.

Edinburgh
reviews: 11
3. Re: Transfers

Mako You doi not indicate airport you are arriving at

The travel times you quoted may well have been from Monastir or Enfidha Airport.

If you arrive at Djerba Airport

Transfer should not take long as loukriz states

Gosport, United...
reviews: 27
4. Re: Transfers

Lives in Blackpool, so probably flying from Manchester.

According to TC website page for Eden Star the flight will definitely be to Djerba.

blackpool
5. Re: Transfers

Hi. We are arriving into djerba airport. Goid news it is sounding like a shorter transfer than I thought thank you. I am still not sure if the transfer I have booked as part of my holiday package witg thomas cook

will drop off at other hotels in djerba on the way to our hotel in. Zarsis which could make it a longer transfer. If this is the case I might be better getting a taxi.does anybody know if this happens please?

blackpool
6. Re: Transfers

We are indeed flying from Manchester. There is no confusion about the airport we are travelling to it is Djerba. I wouldnt have booked the holiday if i had to travel down from Monastir or Ehfidha however my query is as above as i have read on reviews that the point I am making about drop off to other hotels delays travel as I mentioned. Does anyone know if this is likely? If so I will negotiate a taxi on arrival rather than going on the coach or mini bus. Thanks

algeria
7. Re: Transfers

http://www.booking.com/airport/tn/dje.en-gb.html?aid=7344263;label=hotel-278252_Aff-7344263233666_T-3_Pool-fr_Slice-99999;sid=5c3c90d03e3af86932071b647639c4e4;dcid=1

read on this page may it help

blackpool
8. Re: Transfers

Thanks for your help.I think I will need to give up on this one and decide when we land if i need to negotiate a private taxi.

Edinburgh
reviews: 11
9. Re: Transfers

Well there was confusion earlier, as you didn't name airport that you were arriving at ;)

So the replies reflected that . Particularly when you mentioned two and half hour journey to your hotel.

We now know now you are arriving at Djerba.

You should have said initially,

Its a hop step and jump to the hotel from there.

If you are arriving late and do not opt for the coach transfer

The ball will be in the cabbies court on prices

Edited: 3:25 pm, July 26, 2013
blackpool
10. Re: Transfers

Thank you for your comments. Having been to Tunisia so many times over the years it did not occur to me that anyone would stay in a hotel in Djerba without flying into Djerba airport these days. Still you live and learn. I have not had a problem before negotiating with the taxi drivers in the past. It is all down to understanding the culture of negotiation whatever time of night and being able to speak the language - which I do. I shall seek out the rep and find out if there are many drop offs. my friend is partially disabled and will struggle after the flight to sit on a coach if there is going to be a long delay, hence my questions. Was there not any delays when you stayed in Zarzis Cherryjungle? Good news if not.

Get answers to your questions about Djerba Island
More Djerba Island Topics