We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Djerba or Tunisia mainland

Which Djerba Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hampshire, UK
reviews: 38
Djerba or Tunisia mainland

What is djerba like? Trying to figure out to go djerba or Tunisia mainland, any inside info b great!

6 replies to this topic
Cottingham, United...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Djerba or Tunisia mainland

Went to dejerba last may its very clean nice sand nice and white but like mainland tunisia better but everybody's taste is not the same

Hampshire, UK
reviews: 38
2. Re: Djerba or Tunisia mainland

Thank u

Port El Kantaoui...
reviews: 36
3. Re: Djerba or Tunisia mainland

My wife and I have been to Port E K, Sousse, Skanes 8 times, loads of photos and tips.......egryn@icloud.com

Djerba Island...
4. Re: Djerba or Tunisia mainland

Djerba is a great place with some awesome beaches and beach activities. The pace of life is slower than the mainland, and the people are really friendly. There is a touristic zone with over 100 hotels, with some markets and places to explore. Day trips off the island are easy, Chinini is one of my highlights (ancient Berber village on a mountain). If you are wanting a slower pace of life away from some of the business of urban life, i definitely recommend Djerba.

Djerba Island...
5. Re: Djerba or Tunisia mainland

Hello,

Djerba is an wonderful island in south east Tunisia. The population is very friendly and many tunisians speak English.

It's an island of a 30° tempreture that may Increase to 45 in summer (July and August).

Once there you will really enjoy the climat as well as the life style (many activities such as désert trips are available from Djerba)

For more details or picture of the island do not hesitate to contact me in private.

Lancaster, United...
reviews: 20
6. Re: Djerba or Tunisia mainland

Hi we have been to Djerba (Vincci Helios Beach Hotel) now for two years. Djerba Island is a beautiful place and the beaches are out of this world white sand crystal turquoise waters. The people are very friendly and can’t do enough for you. I can’t comment on mainland Tunisia but we went on the Star Wars trip and some of the places were certainly an eye opener (not my ideal place to stay). Djerba has a lot to offer and very reasonable in the price. The weather was around late 38/42 when we were there last year but you have a gentle breeze from the sea.

Hope this helps or it might be too late :-)

Reply to: Djerba or Tunisia mainland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Djerba Island