We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help ??

Which Djerba Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St Helens, United...
reviews: 3
help ??

im going to the vincci djerba resort on saturday 6th october , and just would like some information if anybody could help ?

what kinds of trips are there and which do you recommend ?

is there anything to do outside the hotel ?

i read somewhere about taking euros to the airport for the way home ? is this true or rubbish ?

any help or advice would be appreciated

thankyou :)

East Anglia
reviews: 27
1. Re: help ??

Hi don't know anything really about Djerba it's self but as for excursions here is a link for Thomson's to give a rough guide of what there is to offer , But the hotel you staying at will probably have these excursions for maybe less money :)

thomsonexcursions.co.uk/search-excursions/TU…

As you probably aware in Tunisia it is a closed currency so you not ment to take Dinars out of the country oh and in , When I was there I still had some Dinars left (I forgot Lol) this was after security so I used them to buy something to eat/drink n some sweets , Problem was when I went to the duty free shop I went to buy cigarettes and they charged in Euro's , I had no Euro's so I paid using my debit card with no problems ! This was when I was returning home ! So from what I can remember you cant use Tunisian Dinars in the duty free shops ! Euro's only , So I guess your choice if you want to take some for duty free on your inbound flight !

If I am wrong with this info sure someone will correct me :)

Hope you have a great time !

x

Belfast, United...
reviews: 15
2. Re: help ??

You can use sterling in the airport and duty free. The prices up are usually in dinar and euro but at the til they will convert to whichever currency you have or want to use. Just take with u your own countries currency and there wont be any problems with that.

East Anglia
3. Re: help ??

I'm just going by the person who was in the que before me she only had Dinars and Sterling and they would not take it they said euro's only at duty free but this was at Tunis airport . :/

Belfast, United...
4. Re: help ??

The 5 times iv been myself sterling has been fine, iv never as much as taken a euro with me, just make sure u state that at the beginning of transaction what currency you will be paying, my friend didnt say til after the items had gone through and it seemed to be a big effort for the cashier to change the currency, but she did, she had to.

East Anglia
5. Re: help ??

Hi I didn't have any sterling or euro's on me either all remember was seeing the prices of the cigarettes in Euro prices so when I was at the till I just paid on my debit card and was charged in Euro's and my on my statement it showed up in Euro's .

Belfast, United...
6. Re: help ??

Yea i know that, they have prices in euro coz that suits most visiters but i did pay in sterling and i bought something each of my 5 visits. And my change was in sterling. You just have to say to the cashier. It can seem like its only euros coz no one explains it. It would be handy if they did. But infact they will take most currency just not the dinar. And in enfidna duty free theres a self serve machine u can scan items to get the proper exchange rate cost before going to pay.

This info is from my own personal experiences, last time being 13th sept 2012. Im sure other people have other experiences to share.

St Helens, United...
reviews: 3
7. Re: help ??

thankyou both for your advice :) xxx

Djerba
8. Re: help ??

Hi Lisa

The main places worth visiting in the Island are: Houmet Souk, Guellela, Midoun....for more details about tour, pirces, photos, culture...just check this link:

http://www.cityadvisor.info/en/blogPostEdit.advisor#blogPost=@1094

Kind regards

9. Re: help ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Djerba Island
Recent Conversations
More Djerba Island Topics