We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Back

Which Djerba Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 8
Just Back

Just back from Djerba happy to answer any questions. I stayed at the RIU Palm Azur.

Laurence

Norwich, United...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Just Back

Hi Laurence, would you recommend the hotel you stayed in? Or are there others about that you think were better? Did you go with Thomson? Thanks Amy

UK
2. Re: Just Back

Hello Amy, there is nothing wrong with this Hotel. Some things could have been done better but I think it was because we traveled in Peak season. I've booked the Club Magic Life Penelope Beach( which has good reviews) just to try that one out.

Some people have really slated this Hotel which I think is a little unfair. Overall We had a great time. The hotel was clean and we ate well.

Hope this helps.

Laurence

Norwich, United...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Just Back

Hi Laurence,

That's great thank you! Was the location of the hotel good? Is it on the beach? Also do they provide safety deposit boxes? Sorry for all the questions :) oh one more have you ever been in May?

Many thanks

Amy

UK
4. Re: Just Back

Safety Deposit boxes were free, you were given a key.

The Hotel is opposite 3 supermarkets but nothing else really. However taxis are always outside and it's about 5 dinars to Midoun which is a lovely town for shopping and a day out. It was very easy to get around.

The beach is ok, it's quite ironic that people used another section of the beach further up which belonged to a half built hotel as the water was clearer and with less rocks than the hotel beach. You can snorkel here as well.

We are not beach people so it didnt matter so much to us.

I've never been in May, only August when temperatures are 40 degrees up. You should get the mid to late 20's I should think though.

5. Re: Just Back

I'm going to club magic life Penelope imperial on 27tg sept, do you know what the weather will be like and if I need to take a cardy for the evenings. Thanks Amy H

UK
6. Re: Just Back

Hi Amy

Weather should be pretty good. About 28-30 degrees last year. Take a wrap or something for evenings as the sun disappears quickly.

Laurence

7. Re: Just Back

Thank you very much! It's got to be better than the rain here at the mo.

Amy

Macau, China
reviews: 11
8. Re: Just Back

Is it easy to get around Djerba without a rental car? Taxi's are easy to find?

And how's shopping in Djerba please? Tourist traps less common than in the north?

Thanks for sharing your experience!

UK
9. Re: Just Back

I hired a taxi for the day to do an Island tour. I had a guide book and I knew where I wanted to stop off at. I agreed the price of £35 Sterling / 100 TND with the tip. We had the driver for the day and just went where we wanted really. We started around 9am and finished about 4pm but we could have been longer. They will cross over to the mainland for you as well but you need to agree a price first. I wanted to really see the interior of the island and see how it differed from Sousse.

Shopping is good. The best places are Midoun and Houmot Souk although we did stop at a small pottery we liked the look of on a small road. I think you will always get Tourist Traps wherever tourists are, but Djerba is generally cheaper than the mainland in my opinion and it's certainly cheaper than Morocco and Egypt. Like everything, haggle for your price, they do lower their prices.

Laurence

Macau, China
reviews: 11
10. Re: Just Back

Thank you very very much, Laurence!

Get answers to your questions about Djerba Island
Recent Conversations
More Djerba Island Topics