We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Djerba... is the Libya trouble having any impact??

Which Djerba Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Huddersfield...
reviews: 1
Djerba... is the Libya trouble having any impact??

We are booked for 2 weeks in June, staying at magic life in Djerba - Djreba seems pretty close to the Libya boarder and it is making me a little nervous.

Serious considerations being made to chnage holiday - but i really really like the look of magic life!

Help! Please!

Djerba Island...
1. Re: Djerba... is the Libya trouble having any impact??

Hi I'm living in Djerba island :)

The life is cool here and many tourists are already here.

By the way, there is no any risk on tunisian borders ! We often go as volunteers to help refugees there ;)

Be welcome :)

Huddersfield...
2. Re: Djerba... is the Libya trouble having any impact??

Thanks for your reply. We may not have an option to come to Djerba as Thomson are cancelling all flights due to lack of interest. I am really disappointed as I was looking forward to visiting Djerba - the place looks wonderful!!!

I will let you know how we get on.

Mid Glam
reviews: 2
3. Re: Djerba... is the Libya trouble having any impact??

hi im traveling to djerba on may the 5th im not aware that thomson are cancelling flights ,can you let me know how this info came about

thanks

Bradford
reviews: 23
4. Re: Djerba... is the Libya trouble having any impact??

All flights from Manchester have been cancelled - only flights now available are from Gatwick.

Huddersfield...
5. Re: Djerba... is the Libya trouble having any impact??

I stumbled across the info on here.... my local agent denied it to begin with but I have stood my ground and have finally got confirmation that my flight is cancelled. Suggest you contact your local store and set the question to them - ask them to contact the programme change department at Thomson - they are the ones that confirm it.

Don't be fobbed off by them - it seems thomson are doing there best to not loose any sales and making it difficult for people to get there money back - when in reality that should be what is happening, unless you do want to re-book another holdiay with them. Good luck. let me know know how you get on.

cheshire
reviews: 6
6. Re: Djerba... is the Libya trouble having any impact??

As far as im aware thomas cook are not cancelling flights from manchester, why dont you get your money back and try booking with them instead?

West Midlands
reviews: 36
7. Re: Djerba... is the Libya trouble having any impact??

Hi there

I am flying with Thomas Cook on 4th June from Manchester. I have spoken to their customer service department and have been assured that all flights from manchester are going ahead.

Also massive Djerba discounts on the Thomas Cook website. All Thomsons passengers should get full refund and change to Thomas Cook.

Good luck to all

xxx

Sheffield, United...
8. Re: Djerba... is the Libya trouble having any impact??

We were flying fro manchester 23 june. As most of you I received e mail wich said that you could not reply by e mail and had to ring. sat with the phone with music for 28 mins waiting for advisor,when they did answer iwas told that the cost of the call was down to me (disgusting) I insisted they ring me back, when they did I cancelled the holl with the promise of a refund (still waiting) Told them I would never book with thomson again.

Have now booked with thomas cook 25 june and have been assured that the flight from manchester will still go unless the situation in the middle east deterorates

London, United...
reviews: 15
9. Re: Djerba... is the Libya trouble having any impact??

We are flying out to Djerba on 5th may with Thomson. When i enquired about any cancelling of flights they didn't seem to know anything about it and told me that their holidays to Djerba seem to be selling very well and if for some reason there were to be any issues we are fully ATOL protected and would receive a full refund. Fingers crossed that it goes according to plan, as Magic life hotel looks amazing .....:-)

Bradford
reviews: 23
10. Re: Djerba... is the Libya trouble having any impact??

As you live in London I presume your flight's from Gatwick - it's just the Manchester flights that have been cancelled.

Get answers to your questions about Djerba Island
More Djerba Island Topics