We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edgewood Resort......

Which Alexandria Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wrexham, North Wales
reviews: 17
Edgewood Resort......

Anyone stayed at the Edgewood Resort recently....?

It is as bad as the reviews make out....? A lot of the neg ones are from 2006 & 7, so has it got better...?

My boyf and I are going to Alex Bay for a wedding in Sept, so are flying to NYC for a few nights, then travelling to Alex Bay for a few nights before flying home to North Wales, UK.

Greatful of any info on Edgewood....

Cheers in advance

Emma :)

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
reviews: 5
1. Re: Edgewood Resort......

I stayed at Riveredge Resort it was very nice. I read the reviews for Edgewood and I would say forget it.

upstate NY
reviews: 36
2. Re: Edgewood Resort......

I have a summer home in the area and I would not have high expectations of the area hotels. Most are dated and have poor food and prey on the summer tourists. Stay away from Bonnie Castle. Riveredge is fairly new and not to bad. Edgewood has one building that has been renovated. None of the locals go there for food or entertainment. Many of these hotels call themselves resorts but they are not- just hotels. Just keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed.

I would trust the trip advisor forums and reviews.

Bowling Green...
reviews: 19
3. Re: Edgewood Resort......

Not sure if you are still interested in this topic or not but just wanted to say we stayed last year at Capt. Thomsons Resort (just a hotel). It was clean and slightly updated. Nothing fancy but staff was pleasant and we had a room with a beautiful view of Boldt Castle. Like a previous poster said, there are no new hotels in the area. But, it is a small little town that you can easily walk around and then head back to your hotel without having to drive.

We took tours of Singer Castle and Boldt Castle and were quite pleased with both.

Edmond, Oklahoma
reviews: 1
4. Re: Edgewood Resort......

I was there this past May over Memorial weekend.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Watertown,

which is about 30 miles south of A. Bay. If I were

to stay in A. Bay, I agree with the last poster.

Stay at Capt T's resort and get a view of Boldt

Castle......that would be my only reason to stay

in A. Bay. Otherwise, I highly recommend the

H.Inn Express in Watertown. It is a new hotel and

the staff was exceptional! We stayed there, and drove

to A.bay in about 25 minutes. We parked our car in

Uncle Sam's parking lot and everything else was

within walking distance. If we had more time, we

would have driven over to Clayton the next day,

but we will make time for that on our next visit.

Blue Bell, PA
5. Re: Edgewood Resort......

We just stayed at Edgewood and it was wonderful. The room was very nice and very clean and the staff could not do enough for you. I know that they just renovated and did a nice job. WE also had dinner in their dining room one night and was very pleasantly surprised. When we go back we would definitely stay there again.

Wrexham, North Wales
reviews: 17
6. Re: Edgewood Resort......

Well I have just come back from my stay at the Edgewood, so can answer my own question....

We loved it! The rooms were fine, ok nothing fancy, but spotlessly clean and well equipment. Bathroom was lovely, full bath with shower over.

Balconey / Terrance right on the water, the views on to the St. Lawrence River were beautiful. Our room was Number 101 (a corner room right on the river)

We ate lunch at Oscar's Riverside (within the resort) and it was fine, good choice on the menu and the quality and quantity was good....

If were to go to the Alex Bay area again, we would def hire a car as without you are a little stranded. We were there attending a wedding and were lucky enough to have some other wedding guests staying there, so they gave us some lifts, without them we would have been stuck, as Taxi's in the area are not readily available.

If anyone has any specific questions, please ask and I'll try and help...

Cheers,

Emma.

Upstate NY
7. Re: Edgewood Resort......

None of the locals go anywhere for food or entertainment in the summer season due to the fact that they are working at the establishments that you are going to for food and entertainment. DUH

8. Re: Edgewood Resort......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, November 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Alexandria Bay