We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday of a lifetime

Which Thalang District hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
reviews: 11
holiday of a lifetime

its my 60th birthday and I want a holiday of a lifetime not safari or australia. I want some luxury and my 25 year old son to enjoy too. beach culture spa shopping all favourites any ideas

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 37
1. Re: holiday of a lifetime

Hi

When are you planning to go? Time of year will help to determined which area good for you. Thailand its pretty big country different area/coast different weather.

How much your budget for your hotel room?

Do you two separate bed room or shares the bed room?

More details please :)

Ogden, Utah
reviews: 16
2. Re: holiday of a lifetime

Thailand has many incredible luxury hotels to pick from. Many in Bangkok, Chiangmai, and at most of the most popular beach and island destinations. For a start, review the various forums here for places like Bangkok, Chiangmai, Phuket, Krabi, Koh Samui, Phang Nga, Koh Lanta. Bangkok and Chiangmai will give you a good cultural and shopping experience. On teh various forum pages on right side you will find Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for each destination. They will tell you things like what to see and do, activites, etc. Depending on your length of stay and your tastes you can rough out a itenerary for yourself. Krabi is on the mainland beach as is Phang NGA area both on the West coast in the Andamen Sea. Beautiful islands there. Phuket is also there and is an island with a variety of fantastic beaches, All have luxury resorts and hotels.

In the Gulf of Thailand (East coast) there is the island of Koh Samui, Pattaya Beach, Koh Phagnan (limited luxury), and Koh Samet. Most resorts have Spas, and beaches of course.

For more information check out the following site which has (on right side of main page links to other destinations in Thailand) good information on Thailand and its many attractions.

www.1stopbangkok.com

For hotels and good prices use sites like:

www.sawadee.com

www.hotelscombined.com

www.agoda.com

A pretty good general site for luxury resorts (price on sites above though) is:

http://www.5starthailand.com/

3. Re: holiday of a lifetime

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 27, 2013