We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware of New Country Road Fashion tailor in Patong, Phuket

Which Thalang District hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 4
Beware of New Country Road Fashion tailor in Patong, Phuket

Beware of New Country Road Fashion tailor in Patong, Phuket.

We had a bad experience with this tailor, who was recommended by the owner of Aussie Booty Bar, Patong. Learn from our mistake and don’t listen to the recommendation of the owner of business located in close proximity to a tailor. In this instance, it appears there is a cosy reciprocal arrangement in place between the bar and the tailor shop. The fittings are never on time and the tailor shop owner suggests a drink at the adjacent Aussie Booty Bar while you are waiting.

We were measured and paid a deposit of 3,000 THB each. We had three fittings in 5 days. Another fitting was cancelled because the items were not ready. No fitting occurred at the appointed time. We always had to wait around for fittings, which impacted on our allotted time for sightseeing. One of my jackets was 2cm smaller across the shoulders than the measurement. It was remade. Despite three fittings of my long pants, they still didn’t fit properly. The feeble excuse given by the owner was the tailor is having some personal issues and this is why we experienced the problems. The items were not ready, as promised, on Friday. We were to depart at noon on Saturday. Due to the items not being finished, the owner offered to bring them to our unit for a last minute fitting at 10.45am on Saturday. Two of the owners (Malaysian and Australian) brought the clothes to our unit. We were still trying on our clothing 11.15am. Surprise, Surprise! Four pairs of shorts and one pair of long pants fitted poorly and looked horrid. We refused to accept them. Although we paid only for what we received, the fit and standard of workmanship are not what we expected from a tailor. Take our advice and BEWARE of New County Road Fashion in Patong, Phuket.

1. Re: Beware of New Country Road Fashion tailor in Patong, Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 am, November 18, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
reviews: 15
2. Re: Beware of New Country Road Fashion tailor in Patong, Phuket

Obviously and understandably you don't agree with the post.

But it would be much better to react with content, and not make it a personal attack.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 71
3. Re: Beware of New Country Road Fashion tailor in Patong, Phuket

Hi,

Just on the surface of it, it seems that you did most everything 'right' so to speak.. or at minimum didn't make the most common errors..

It sounds like you left enough time for proper fittings (a common failure) which to me would be key to insuring you get the right fit..

Without the benefit of both sides of the story, it sounds as if the outcome just wasn't right..

As to the notion that there's some form of.. shall I say collusion (by way of your assertion of a "... cosy reciprocal arrangement...") between the bar and shop goes... I'll say that it IS possible... but in the end, hard to prove one way or the other... and to fair, it also could be that the bar owner has in fact had good experiences with that tailor in the past, but yours just wasn't.. and that the owner doesn't get anything back from the bar.. it could be either way.. we just don't know..

Knowing that hindsight is always 20/20 vision, did you ask the owner to see a finished product or have the chance to speak to other customers about their experiences?

Again, just from what you've written, I don't see massive failures on your part in that the most common mistake-- not leaving enough time-- seems to be something you managed well.. but in the end, it just didn't pan out. that's unfortunate to say the least.

As to the notion of collusion between the bar and tailor-- I'm not sure... I can see it both ways.. and short of something more concrete it's just speculation and conjecture either way.

Travel Safe,

Peeramon
4. Re: Beware of New Country Road Fashion tailor in Patong, Phuket

Hi you,

I have just returned from Phuket and bought trousers and shirts, I could not have been more happy with the service or the finished product.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this outlet to anybody and I will probably order more products in the future.

Thank you Chai and the Booty Bar Staff.

Peter Whitson

5. Re: Beware of New Country Road Fashion tailor in Patong, Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:14 pm, November 06, 2012
Dublin
reviews: 6
6. Re: Beware of New Country Road Fashion tailor in Patong, Phuket

How obvious are the last 2 replies .......... RAFLMAO !!!

gold coast
reviews: 25
7. Re: Beware of New Country Road Fashion tailor in Patong, Phuket

that is the way off life in patong most off the bars get a kick back from all sorts off operators eg tour companys private drivers iff recomended by them as for the boty bar it is run by a aussie called dave and his wife called noyie i know the tailor store you went to you are right there work is not even a close second rate verey bad workman ship as we got caught out with them allso i wood not buy clothes to be made in patong as it is geting harder to find a good tailor not to say there is a good one out there som place kobrob

gold coast
8. Re: Beware of New Country Road Fashion tailor in Patong, Phuket

i think you are spot on 1888 dublin kobrob

gold coast
9. Re: Beware of New Country Road Fashion tailor in Patong, Phuket

did a surch and the last 2 posts you aretalking about 1888 dublin came from the same area called thalang in thailand i cant understand why buiesneses try to cover up there own guilt not to mention there bad workmanship each to there own kobrob........

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 3
10. Re: Beware of New Country Road Fashion tailor in Patong, Phuket

Thanks for the advise ..myson had a suit made at New Life Fashion Phuket. He was pretty satisfied with workmanship and time. He had no complaints. He is lucky that he does not drink much at all .. so he did not go to the same one as you. I will keep that in mind when I visit.

Cheers.

Charles