We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Citibank ATM in Phuket

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coolangatta...
Citibank ATM in Phuket

After reading TA reviews I decided to open a citibank plus account for my travels in Phuket to avoid hefty currency conversion fees / atm charges etc. Now after further research I cannot seem to find locations of any citibank atm's in Phuket. Has anyone seen them over there?

4 replies to this topic
Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
reviews: 17
1. Re: Citibank ATM in Phuket

AFAIK there are no Citibank ATM's on Phuket.

Bundaberg, Australia
reviews: 2
2. Re: Citibank ATM in Phuket

I also am looking at opening a Citibank for the same reason but as far as I am aware we just use any local ATMs. You wouldn't find a NAB bank for example overseas.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 10
3. Re: Citibank ATM in Phuket

yes, you just use the local atms, same as here if you are at a club or something you use the atm there (I don't but just a similar situation). Be aware that you will still have to pay the local bank atm fees of 150baht per transaction, you can't get out of that in Thailand. So better off making larger withdrawals than lots of small ones to save on fees there but you won't get slugged again by Citibank and also won't have the conversion fee that other cards have either. I take cash to Thailand but am going to use my new Citibank Plus card to go to China in Sept (no local atm fees in China) and when we go to Europe as it would be too much cash to carry around for the amount of time we are going.

4. Re: Citibank ATM in Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:03 pm, February 27, 2014

Reply to: Citibank ATM in Phuket
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted