We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYE in Patong - where to eat dinner and watch the fire works

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, New South...
reviews: 11
NYE in Patong - where to eat dinner and watch the fire works

hi all,

Flight are booked! First time flying business class! Yay :) with Jetstar ( bargain price)

Hotel booked, I decided to have a go at Yorkshire ( superior deluxe room)

Dates decided: 30/12 to 08/01 = 9 short nights

My next move is now to find the perfect place to have a nice dinner ( it's hubby's birthday on 1/1 and we normally celebrate at the NYE).

And here I am (again) asking for your advice.

I would like to have a view of the beach so I could watch the fire works, but not being in the middle of the beach and in the middle of the confusion, I enjoy a little of space.

I was thinking something like the sky high bar at the key hotel, joes downstairs, etc. any other suggestions or recommendations?

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 43
1. Re: NYE in Patong - where to eat dinner and watch the fire works

First check if your hotel has a compulsory nye gala dinner. Its a popular thing in phuket. Reasons given by the hotels are to pay staff for working on holidays..etc. i think its just to make a fast buck during high season.

Phuket, Thailand
reviews: 41
2. Re: NYE in Patong - where to eat dinner and watch the fire works

The restaurant "Nine floor" have an amazing view over Patong Village and out over the sea! perfect for the fireworks at NYE.

They have amazing food, super service and their selection of wines are awesome :)

You need to book table, if there is still are tables available over NYE

Sawadee pii mai na kha! (Happy New Year)

Sydney, New South...
3. Re: NYE in Patong - where to eat dinner and watch the fire works

Thanks, my hotel doesn't have a compulsory dinner so I'm free to chose where to go.

Do you reckon that the 8th floor will have music and fun stuff or is it just dinner and the views?

The bar/restaurant on top of the key hotel is more likely to have some music and dancing ?

uk
reviews: 1
4. Re: NYE in Patong - where to eat dinner and watch the fire works

why not take a look at their/the website?

Phuket, Thailand
reviews: 41
5. Re: NYE in Patong - where to eat dinner and watch the fire works

Contact them and ask..... many places "can" turn in to dancing places after midnight at NYE... I am not sure if that is the case here, contact them and they will have the answers you looking for.

http://www.the9thfloor.com

Wish you good luck and a great eve!

Sydney, New South...
6. Re: NYE in Patong - where to eat dinner and watch the fire works

I'll email then, their website dont have any info about NYE.

Thanks!

melbourne
reviews: 32
7. Re: NYE in Patong - where to eat dinner and watch the fire works

The 9th floor looks great. Might see you at the Yorkshire as I will be there 19th December til 9th January. I will be the one constantly in sweaty gym clothes as going over for Muay Thai training. Hope you have a lovely trip and enjoy the new year celebrations.

Sydney, New South...
8. Re: NYE in Patong - where to eat dinner and watch the fire works

Go girl any chances of tickets to watch your fight? When is it? My friend at work was new kickboxing champion, now she just does personal training and training of the junior new boxing team.

I've sent emails to 9th floor and The Key waiting on their replies, as I get in Patong on the 30th I'm sure the best places will be fully booked.

Have you stayed at the yorkshire before? It's my first time there and hoping for a nice place.

Speak soon.

melbourne
reviews: 32
9. Re: NYE in Patong - where to eat dinner and watch the fire works

Hi Adriana,

Not fighting just training. Don't want to get hurt lol!!

Haven't stayed at Yorkshire but thought it looked good based on TA reviews. Stayed at Holiday Inn and Gracelands before so this will be a little different.

I am sure you will get in somewhere nice for NYE dinner.

I do recommend highly Mom Tris kitchen in Kata for a great and very special evening. Not NYE maybe another night. The views are to die for, in fact the whole experience is heavenly!!

Do go to the Muay Thai one night as its alot of fun. You can buy tickets on the street when you get there. It's on right through the week and well advertised (you'll know what I mean by that when you arrive!!).

Let me know when you arrive and we can have a drink!!

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 12
10. Re: NYE in Patong - where to eat dinner and watch the fire works

Haha yes Gogirl ...Adriana will know what you mean ... Tonight! Tonight! ....Real Thai Boxing ! ..The Best of the Best ! Championship Fight ! Tonight Tonight! Bangla Stadium !

Cheers

Lozza and Mrs Lozza