We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trips.

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bradford, yorkshire
reviews: 6
Trips.

Coming to Patong in September. Is it best to book trips in resort or in Uk before travelling?

Thanks in advance.

Gold Coast
reviews: 116
1. Re: Trips.

Book your trips when you get there. Much cheaper.

bradford, yorkshire
2. Re: Trips.

Thank you. I thought I had read that somewhere but wasn't sure.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
reviews: 8
3. Re: Trips.

For most trips book with any of the many tour operators here. But for trips with Phuket Sail Tours and Simba Sea tours etc book directly with them via their websites in advance.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
reviews: 33
4. Re: Trips.

It will be better if you book trips after going there because you can choose the dates over there after reaching. Maybe on a particular date you don't want to go so its better to choose there.

cheers

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Batu Ferringhi, Chaweng, Ko Samui
reviews: 157
5. Re: Trips.

Hi

Totally agree. If you don't care what you do and who you do it with then book when you get there.

Personally I would book trips like Phuket Sail Tours (or Simba) well beforehand. They are very popular and offer a [more expensive but] fabulous day out with fewer folks on the boat and a really cared for feel.

Other popular trips like cooking might be best if organised beforehand.

Cape Town Central...
reviews: 25
6. Re: Trips.

Can anyone advise whether a trip to Thailand (Phuket and other islands) will be good in September due to weather? Given it is monsoon season and can apparently rain a lot. I will appreciate your opinion / advise about going in September or rather October / November?

Thanks!

bradford, yorkshire
7. Re: Trips.

I posted a similar question as flying out 19 September till 3 October. Received a reply back saying that unless you are really unlucky, it is normally torrential downpour followed by sunshine, but it might disrupt sea trips as can make it quite rough.

We hadn't booked it, but after getting this reply, we decided to go for it.

Hope this helps you decide

Andrea

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 3
8. Re: Trips.

I would wait until you are there except for very popular trips ( as mentioned above )

travelchick030 - The weather varies depending which area in Thailand you go to. September is on average the wettest month of the year for Phuket . How much rain you get, for how long, how often, and time of day / night varies a great deal, you can be lucky, but you have to appreciate that sea conditions can be rough and beaches red-flagged.

The weather does vary as said depending 'where' you go. These are the Thai Meteorological department averages for rainfall in mm for September taken over many years

Phuket area = 417 mm

Krabi area = 391 mm

Pattaya area = 201 mm

Hua Hin area = 115 mm

Koh Samui / Phangan / Tao area = 113 mm

So there is the difference, of course someone can say they were in Koh Samui in Septemer and had rain, another in Phuket no rain, but that is just how it is, so in the end the choice is yours.

Edited: 4:16 am, July 01, 2013
9. Re: Trips.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 03, 2014