We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is Patong Gracelands like?

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wollongong...
What is Patong Gracelands like?

Hi, we are staying at Patong Gracelands from 5 to 17 August and was curious to hear other people's stories about their stay. We would be interested to hear about local eateries nearby, shops (to buy drinks etc) and what to do while we are there. Thanks in advance.

7 replies to this topic
tewantin
1. Re: What is Patong Gracelands like?

Hi Jen, we are staying there from the 11th till 22nd Aug, my brother has stayed there twice and also have had friends stay there and have loved it, it is in walking distance from the markets Bangalo st etc and across the road from the beach, just can't wait to go , you will have fun there , cheers julie

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
reviews: 44
2. Re: What is Patong Gracelands like?

Hi

There is plenty of everything you need right on your doorstep,

Just outside the back gate is a small pharmacy (very good) a small 7/11 store for few supplies, money changer, tour kiosk, you can drop laundry in at Eden Bungalows for 80 bhat kilo, couple nice retaurants etc if you follow this road to the end and turn right you can walk up to Bangla road or Jungceylon/Robinson's in about 15 mins (depending on how often you stop lol) plenty of good eateries and shops on the way up, also a couple bigger 7/11and family stores just 5 mins walk from GL

Back to the beachfront end, turn left out of Graceland and you can walk up the beach road to Bangla and JC, we prefer the beach road walk, also plenty of shops, eateries etc on way up, a bigger family store for supplies within 5 min walk from GL on left hand side of the road, plenty of eateries at Loma building 5 min from GL our favourite is Wai restaurant but plenty good ones in there, good food and cheap :-)

There is a good little beach bar opposite great at sunset and good burgers too

Oh and the best bit....beautiful pancakes right outside the back gate yummo

Plenty of everything around just go for walks and exploring you will find it all :-)

We will be back there in Oct......can't wait

Have a lovely holiday and have fun

Cheers

Mossy :-)

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 4
3. Re: What is Patong Gracelands like?

Well said Mossy ! Totally agree on everything you said.

See you in October, red rose in tow ! haha

Surfers Paradise...
reviews: 8
4. Re: What is Patong Gracelands like?

It's a awesome hotel we stayed there last August loved it the staff are friendly good for kids positioned just out of the hustle and close enough to walk. The grounds are well kept and the facilities are great. Enjoy your stay.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
reviews: 44
5. Re: What is Patong Gracelands like?

I will be looking out for the lady with the red rose TB :) have the drinks waiting for us in the lobby lol

114 days and counting....Gracelands here we come again hehe :)))

Adelaide, South...
reviews: 10
6. Re: What is Patong Gracelands like?

Been to Phuket 7 times, but first time to Gracelands in 26 sleeps. Yep, I'm totally counting down now. Doing all the research I can. We're there 21/7 until 4/8. We check out, when you check in eh? If I find something exciting, I will be sure to report back. Planning to do a JBR and a review quickly on my return.

Melbourne
reviews: 3
7. Re: What is Patong Gracelands like?

We are also staying at Gracelands from 11 August for 10 nights. 3rd time to Phuket but first time to Gracelands. Usually I stay at Holiday Inn. Hoping Gracelands is as good if not better :-)

Reply to: What is Patong Gracelands like?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted