We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm so confused , can anyone help me with a hotel please ?

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 25
I'm so confused , can anyone help me with a hotel please ?

Hi,

I'm nearly going crazy ! I've been looking at hotels for 2 weeks now,

and the more I look, the more confused i am.

We're a family, 2 of our children are coming with us, 14 and 21 yrs old.

My husband likes the look of The Bliss Suites, with the plunge pool,

Which I'm not sure about, as we normally stay in a large resort.

I likeThe Patong Merlin, The Holiday Inn, The Impiana, plus a few others ;)

Which are all resort style hotels.

Has anyone been to any of these hotels, or can recommend anywhere else?

Looking for somewhere close to the beach in Patong, great swimming pool and lovely room.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you xx

melbourne
reviews: 2
1. Re: I'm so confused , can anyone help me with a hotel please ?

We stayed at the Holiday Inn a few years ago. We loved it. It is in the middle of everything, but when you're inside the resort, you don't realize everything is around you.

Looking to go back to Phuket next year. Debating whether to go back to Holiday Inn or try something different. Am leaning towards Holiday Inn.

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
reviews: 18
2. Re: I'm so confused , can anyone help me with a hotel please ?

I agree, out of the ones you mentioned, the Holiday INN is the closest to things you want, yet seems like you are in a bigger resort.

The Merlin, and Impiana are nice but out of the way and tuk tuks are unrealistic anymore with their demands.

Good luck and have fun.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 25
3. Re: I'm so confused , can anyone help me with a hotel please ?

Have either of you heard any reviews about The Bliss Suites ?

Victoria
reviews: 6
4. Re: I'm so confused , can anyone help me with a hotel please ?

Wife and i always stay at the Patong Merlin Patong right next door to the Holiday Inn

returning for our 4th trip soon central to everything...

West Lakes...
reviews: 13
5. Re: I'm so confused , can anyone help me with a hotel please ?

Just returned from Patong. Stayed 8 nights at the Banthai Resort with my young adult children, had adjoining rooms which was handy. Resort was lovely, about 1 min from beach and just a few blocks from Bangla Rd, about 10mins walk to Jungceylon mall. Lovely pools, nice buffet breakfast. Although close to all the action once you were in the hotel it was lovely and peaceful. Have a great trip!

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
reviews: 43
6. Re: I'm so confused , can anyone help me with a hotel please ?

Hi

Holiday Inn and Patong Merlin are great for location south end Patong and close to Otop market which is great, beach to the rear and just over the road, 2 x connecting rooms in either resort would be great, with your kids ages I would go to the Busakorn wing at HI for the lovely big pool rather than the main wing,

Patong Merlin good and 4 good pools you can also get the shuttle up to their sister resort Merlin Beach Resort which has awesome pools, 5-10 min shuttle ride, and small private beach/bay, not good swimjing beach as its a bit rocky but still lovely, good beach massage too,

either HiBusakorn wing or Patong Merlin would be my picks for you ....see which gives the best deal for you, I don't think you would be disappointed at either :-)

Impiana is right on the beach, small pool but good location for Bangla road and shopping malls

Also check Thara Patong which has a 2 Bedroom family room, which might work out good for you? good location close to everything, north of Bangla road...... just as a comparison!!!

Happy planning

Cheers

Mossy :-)

Melbourne, Australia
7. Re: I'm so confused , can anyone help me with a hotel please ?

Hi there

We stayed at the Destination Hotel and Spa. I highly recommend it. It has swimming pools, wet bar, massage and other beauty treatments. Its 7 mins walk to the beach and it has a direct in-house entry to the Hard Rock Cafe.

Scams- Ignore the guys on Motor bikes with scratch cards, it will cost you thousands of dollars if you fall for it.

Cheers. Mark.

Melbourne, Australia
8. Re: I'm so confused , can anyone help me with a hotel please ?

PS

We stayed on the 6th floor, gives you better views and your further away from the street noise.

Cheers Mark.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
reviews: 60
9. Re: I'm so confused , can anyone help me with a hotel please ?

Hi Harmsy,

We have stayed at the Bliss in the old wing and while the bathrooms in these units are a little tired the rooms were very nice, we looked at one of the suites and they are amazing all with great views of Patong beach. Its a great location and the main pools are small but very nice.

We are going back next Easter and staying in a suite as we liked them so much.

Its not a resort as such like the Holiday inn or Patong Merlin but it very nice and they have the cheapest cocktails in Phuket at 100Baht. This hotel is also half the price of the others and that leaves more money for shopping.

Cheers, Pete

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 40
10. Re: I'm so confused , can anyone help me with a hotel please ?

What month are you going ? How many days ? So far, all of your choices are ok.

Plunge pools are overrated imo, and you rarely get privacy. Bliss is in a good spot at the start of Patong and as Peter said, it gets good reviews for the suites. You could also score a great view in the right rooms. Personally, with kids that age, i'd want more grounds and pools over a plunge pool. The pool setup at PM is great if it's not too busy (hence the "month" enquiry). Get adjoining Superior Pool View rooms (must be pool view !), or Deluxe pool View if you want to spend extra for nicer rooms (we don't). But if a pool is going to be the decider, I'd stay at Duangjitt. Great low season deals there. Family Suite would be ideal but I don't think they allow 4 adults in the one suite, even though it has bedding for 4. It is a very big, spread out resort, so room choice is important there.

If staying for more than 10 days, split your stay b/w 2 hotels. Makes it easier to decide, and so easy to do.