We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any one in Patong just now

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
reviews: 3
Any one in Patong just now

Hi i was wondering if any one is in Patong rite now ?.Im due there in the next couple of weeks and would like to know what the weather is like at the moment,and also just how busy it is ,

Cheers

Dave

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
reviews: 66
21. Re: Any one in Patong just now

Oh I just love changing summers of grey skies, rain and cold days for grey skies, rain and hot days! Not!! Visitors from countries with virtually perpetual sunshine and little rain or prolonged periods of it have a very different perspective on visiting a tropical climate and the risks (of bad weather) involved.

Gold Coast
reviews: 1
22. Re: Any one in Patong just now

We got back yesterday. Weather was very hot and not very much rain at all. Enjoy.

Canberra, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
reviews: 33
23. Re: Any one in Patong just now

We have been in Phuket for 2 days. It rained a bit on Thursday night when we arrived but hasn't rained since. It has been hot and sunny.

Patong is very busy. Lots of tourists around, mainly families and couples. Last night we drove through Karon and Kata and they seemed to have quite a few people around. Some of the restaurants were busy and some were empty.

Yesterday morning we walked up Patong beach from south to north, then up Bangla Road and then back to Holiday Inn, and we were accosted by timeshare touts on motorbikes 21 times in less than an hour. I have never seen so many of them.

Melbourne, Australia
24. Re: Any one in Patong just now

Ditto re the timeshare bods - what has surprised me was the no who are europeans. Surely the pay for thus 'job' is very low?

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 25
25. Re: Any one in Patong just now

Are you speaking in some kind of code Fidel ?

Noosa, Australia
26. Re: Any one in Patong just now

Glad the weather seems to be improving for those there now,save some for July please!

Melbounre
reviews: 9
27. Re: Any one in Patong just now

Arrived 19th after heavy rain. Everyday since has been alternating between overcast and sunny. It's very enjoyable. I've not been here in high season, but i feel that it is not crowded (low season).

Everyone seems to be enjoying themselves. I'm still a bit amazed at the cost of a taxi to Phuket Town - about $50 AUS return. I'm not going!

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 4
28. Re: Any one in Patong just now

It better be sunny from 26 June -2 July. We are escaping from the haze in the Malaysia.

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
reviews: 281
29. Re: Any one in Patong just now

Wow $50 for a taxi to Phuket town, that's crazy and not the normal price, its only 600baht to the airport from Patong so I would be looking to pay less than that :)

Cathy

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
reviews: 5
30. Re: Any one in Patong just now

AUD 50.00 for return trip? I believe it is around 1500 Bhats. It surprised me because just 8 months before we as a couple did the complete 6-7 hours day tour of Phuket in 1000 Bhats arranged with Manop. For a return trip, I believe you shouldn't spend more than 1000 Bhats again. Or you can goto Phuket Town from Patong (max 500 Bhats), hire a taxi for helping you with the markets, prices, etc and then drop you to Patong. Should cost you around 500-600 Bhats for 2-3 hours of shopping. It is a lot cheaper in Phuket Town.

To be cost effective, better option would be to use Blue Bus /Bhat Bus which goes to Phuket Town and vice versa. It will be roughly 40 minutes of drive and the cost should be around 30 Bhats. They operate from most of the beaches to Phuket Town. There is no bus between Patong and other beaches. In Patong, they leave every 20mins until 6pm. The Baht Buses do not run on a timetable. It travels slow so you just flag it down anywhere and hop on. They are painted a sky blue with yellow pin stripes, and can be hailed down if you wish to catch one. The service to and from Patong Beach finishes at 6 pm.

Hope this helps.