We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Renovations

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
western australia
reviews: 36
Hotel Renovations

My Husband and I are travelling to Patong for 5 nights and we like small hotels with nice gardens. My husband hates concrete jungles with 100's of rooms. I have narrowed it down to Burasari and the Seaview Patong but both are undergoing renovations. Anyone there now or recently and can tell me if the renovations are nothing to worry about? I was wondering if you have any other suggestions up to $100 a night including breakfast. I have searched on trip advisor and I am overwhelmed with the selection and differing reviews. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. We were last in Phuket in 2005 and stayed in Karon Beach but now just want to walk to the attractions. Thank you

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
reviews: 43
1. Re: Hotel Renovations

Hi Vessie

From information that I got from a friend Burasari is having quite a big reno with one pool closed, not sure for how long? it could be finished by the time you go? maybe send them an email and ask about it?

othewise try any of these:

Banthai www.banthaiphuket.com

Salathai www.phuketsalathai.com

Amari Coral www.amari.com/coralbeach/

Swiss Palm Beach www.swisspalmbeach.com

Eden bungalows www.edenbungalow.com we have stayed here for the last 3 years, 31 individual bungalows, lovely gardens and pool, basic but clean, comfortable and serviced daily, if you get the deluxe bungalow (28 or 29) they have been recently renovated

Royal Phawadee village www.royal-phawadee-village.com

all of these are smaller boutique resorts with nice gardens and pools, close to everything and should all be within your budget depending on the time of year that you are going

happy planning

cheers

mossy :)

western australia
2. Re: Hotel Renovations

Hi Mossy

Thank you for taking the time to answer my query, we will be in Patong late June and Burasari renovations will be going until October. You have given me some great info and I will have a look at all your recommendations.

Have a great day :)

Phillip Island...
reviews: 30
3. Re: Hotel Renovations

Also have a look at the Nipa resort pool access rooms are great.

Edited: 2:15 am, May 30, 2013
western australia
4. Re: Hotel Renovations

Thank you will add it to the list :)

Maitland, Australia
reviews: 31
5. Re: Hotel Renovations

We are booked into Burasari in early September in pool access room and have decided to remain there even though Reno still going on. I felt quite disappointed that restaurant etc will be shut but as I had my heart set on it I decided nothing else wood do. Last year on our first trip to Phuket we stayed at the phawadee that was mentioned in an earlier post. It has lovely gardens . Quite a small boutique hotel. We enjoyed our stay there. Close to everything but so peaceful in resort. But just to mention they had a fire there early in the year so not sure if everything back to normal there yet. But it certainly is not a concrete jungle . Your husband would enjoy the gardens . Sam

Edited: 6:50 am, May 30, 2013
Maitland, Australia
reviews: 31
6. Re: Hotel Renovations

We are booked into Burasari in early September in pool access room and have decided to remain there even though Reno still going on. I felt quite disappointed that restaurant etc will be shut but as I had my heart set on it I decided nothing else wood do. Last year on our first trip to Phuket we stayed at the phawadee that was mentioned in an earlier post. It has lovely gardens . Quite a small boutique hotel. We enjoyed our stay there. Close to everything but so peaceful in resort. But just to mention they had a fire there early in the year so not sure if everything back to normal there yet. But it certainly is not a concrete jungle . Your husband would enjoy the gardens . Sam

Edited: 6:50 am, May 30, 2013
7. Re: Hotel Renovations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 01, 2014