We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

'Hip' nightlife in Patong...

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Darlington, UK
reviews: 4
'Hip' nightlife in Patong...

We have just arrived in Patong tonight, and although we love our accommodation we feel very let down with the nightlife. Yes it's a party persons dream but we were looking for more 'hip' nightlife. Can anyone recommend places to go?

We have got 4 nights left, with one of the being spent at Catch Beach Club in Surin Beach.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

uk
reviews: 1
1. Re: 'Hip' nightlife in Patong...

what is "hip"?

thaipan is good and rock city

they might be hip?

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 13
2. Re: 'Hip' nightlife in Patong...

HIP is an old expression dating back to the late 50's early 60's....To be hip is to be cool...!!...

Depending on your age....A hip/cool place could be Banana disco or they could be as andy mentioned or a hip place could be enjoying drinks and/or dinner at the beachside restaurants where live music is provided for free....or maybe at the hip beach bars at Kata IE;Ska Bar.....

More specifity on your derivation of hip in Patong might help us...??...

Phuket, Thailand
reviews: 2
3. Re: 'Hip' nightlife in Patong...

Did you manage to visit Xana beach club last night? Paul Oakenfold was playing! I am sure that would have been classed as hip :)

Darlington, UK
reviews: 4
4. Re: 'Hip' nightlife in Patong...

Thanks for the replies so far, by 'hip' I mean on the trendy side and am looking for places with nice views, plays Balearic beats / funky house music.

Unfortunately we didn't get to see Paul Oakenfold as we only arrived in Patong around 21.00, however we would have gone if we'd have found out earlier.

Any more help would be much appreciated?

Thanks

Darwin, Australia
reviews: 75
5. Re: 'Hip' nightlife in Patong...

Ok,

i dont know if you would class it as "hip" or not but last trip we stopped at a great little bar called "Brush" in Kalim, great drinks, good music & staff were pretty good. Hope that helps & yes they played "funky house music"

TX

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Batu Ferringhi, Chaweng, Ko Samui
reviews: 174
6. Re: 'Hip' nightlife in Patong...

Hi

As a child of the 60's I can remember what HIP was, and you won't that.

TaiPan does have all the more recent trendy sounds, as does most bars / clubs along Bangla Road. Not sure you will find the Balearic beats / funky house, but if anywhere does it will be TaiPan and Bangla. When I was in the Tiger bar (Bar Funk) the sounds where pretty good, and being a girl didn't stop me enjoying the place.

Agree the Ska bar at the southern end of Kata is seen as pretty 'hip', but plays reggae music! The Ka te Ka bar at the boat house, near the Ska bar, is also pretty 'trendy'.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 37
7. Re: 'Hip' nightlife in Patong...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB5YkmjalDg :)

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 12
8. Re: 'Hip' nightlife in Patong...

hahaha FP that is a ripper ..... nothing wrong with Huey :)

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 25
9. Re: 'Hip' nightlife in Patong...

If you are looking for trendy up market " HIP". clubs. Go to Boracay ,Philippines. No comparison.

10. Re: 'Hip' nightlife in Patong...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 02, 2014