We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Merlin Beach Resort Superior Rooms

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
reviews: 5
Merlin Beach Resort Superior Rooms

Hi all

I'm wanting to know if anyone has stayed in a superior room at the Merlin Beach and what they are like. Are they an older room? Are they in not so nice locations compared to the deluxe rooms??

We are trying to decide between the superior and deluxe so if anyone can tell me the differences between these two and where they are located, that would be great. We don't want to pay more if the superior rooms are fine as this is a bit of a budget trip with 2 other couples!

Also, does anyone know where I can get a map of the resort? We need a room near a lift so would like to know where the lifts are located.

Are there any tips as to which block/wing to request when booking? We want to have a nice outlook such as a pool/garden view.

Thanks everyone for putting up with all my questions!

Cheers

Amanda

Australia
reviews: 2
1. Re: Merlin Beach Resort Superior Rooms

Hi, have a look at the link below, it has a map and a few recommendation on rooms. I haven't stayed there yet but am booked into the deluxe room for August. My understanding is the deluxe rooms are larger, the décor is a little different and the twin rooms are 2 queen, whereas the twin superior is twin singles. Cheers

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g293920-i5037-k…

Taree
reviews: 12
2. Re: Merlin Beach Resort Superior Rooms

Hi

I requested a resort map direct from the Merlin and they emailed me one. We are booked in 2 deluxe rooms in May 2013.

Alison

Melbourne, Australia
3. Re: Merlin Beach Resort Superior Rooms

I have stayed at this resort twice. First time in a Superior which overlooked pool 3 which is the swim out room pool.2 nd time in a deluxe which overlooked the main pool in room.s 2000. I preferred the deluxe as had a bit more room. It had a small couch which was nice if have drinks in room.However if on a budget superior is fine. interior seemed similar. in both rooms. I also preferred the position the 2 nd time as closer to foyer, breaky etc. With kids it made it easier. Lifts were close by when stayed in Superior and deluxe. you will love this resort.We are going back for 3 rd visit in June/July

Brisbane
4. Re: Merlin Beach Resort Superior Rooms

Thanks everyone for your info.

Doris - you mentioned you liked the second location best in the deluxe room. Was it still relatively quiet even tho it was close to brekky etc?? Is there a certain block/area I should request??

Thanks again.

Amanda

Melbourne, Australia
5. Re: Merlin Beach Resort Superior Rooms

Yes quiet. We were in block 2000 last time .Stayed in 2203 and 2205(Deluxe).Still a distance away from breaky area and 2 floors up. Also first time in 4402(superior) was very quiet it was above the swim out rooms.Relatives stayed in beachfront rooms. Seemed far away from lifts so i wouldnt recommend them . I email resort directly regarding rooms.If your outside of peak school holidays room choice should be fine,

Brisbane
6. Re: Merlin Beach Resort Superior Rooms

Thanks again Doris. I will get this booked today! We are going in August.

Are there newer blocks containing deluxe and superior rooms that are better to request??

Cheers

Amanda

7. Re: Merlin Beach Resort Superior Rooms

Why don't you just ring the resort with your questions ??

Brisbane
8. Re: Merlin Beach Resort Superior Rooms

Thanks everyone for responding to my questions, I really appreciate it.

I did contact the resort with questions but they didn't really grasp what I was asking I don't think. That is the beauty of TA; you can ask people who have been there before plus by posting the information, it can be shared with others.

I booked a deluxe room today through flight centre. The wholesaler who handles the MBR confirmed the deluxe rooms are nicer rooms, overlook the pools and are in better locations than superior rooms.

Cheers

Amanda

9. Re: Merlin Beach Resort Superior Rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 01, 2014