We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rollaway beds & Tuk tuks

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Papakura, Auckland...
reviews: 8
Rollaway beds & Tuk tuks

Hi, we are 3 adult females booked to stay at Deevana Patong Resort & spa for 10 nights, they can accommodate all 3 of us one room, but they say 2 single beds and one rollaway bed.

Has anyone slept on a rollaway bed in this hotel?

I just want to be sure it will be as comfortable as a single bed, also wondered what would be the difference between a rollaway and a foldup bed.

I'm hoping it's not a foldup bed like a camp stretcher with thin mattress.

My second question is, will a tuk tuk take 3 people, or only two?

Thanks in advance

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
reviews: 294
1. Re: Rollaway beds & Tuk tuks

The rollaway beds I have seen in Thailand are definately not like camp stretchers, they look like full size beds with a decent mattress that folds up (on wheels). You will have no problems fitting 3 in a tuk tuk, they are big and you can fit heaps more :)

Cathy

Papakura, Auckland...
2. Re: Rollaway beds & Tuk tuks

Thanks Cathy - that's a relief on both questions

Perth, Australia
reviews: 3
3. Re: Rollaway beds & Tuk tuks

3 in a "Tuk Tuk".. No problem, as Cathy says. We have had 8...

Have fun..!!! :)

Sydney Australia
reviews: 52
4. Re: Rollaway beds & Tuk tuks

We've had three in a room at Deevena, one in a rollaway.

It was ok but not as comfy as the bed. Rotate beds every day and you wont have a problem.

What room have you booked? A rollaway in the Garden wing might be a squeeze.

When are you going?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
reviews: 60
5. Re: Rollaway beds & Tuk tuks

They are fine at Deevana but as Tezzat said it will be a squeeze if your in the garden rooms, no worries in the pool view rooms.

We had 10 in a Tuk Tuk last week on around 6 occasions so no worries, they are not like the Bangkok tuk tuks that only take 2 Aussies or 3 Thais.

Cheers, Pete

Papakura, Auckland...
6. Re: Rollaway beds & Tuk tuks

Hey thanks, I stopped over in Bangkok last year for one night (on my way home from Europe) and only ever saw little ones that could fit two passengers, but now I see there are ones that fit more.

Last year I was traveling solo, so didn't want to take a tuk tuk, but this time 3 of us and we are doing Phuket and Bangkok, so really looking forward to it, I found Cathys website which is awesome!

love Trip advisor - so helpful, I will be back with more questions no doubt before I leave NZ.

Papakura, Auckland...
7. Re: Rollaway beds & Tuk tuks

Hi, nice to hear from someone who has stayed at Deevana in a triple, we have booked a Superior Garden room, we might just take turns then sleeping on the rollaway, we are going in August for 10 nights.

Not too bothered about being squeezed in as we are only there to sleep.

Thanks for your input

Mary-Jane

Papakura, Auckland...
8. Re: Rollaway beds & Tuk tuks

Hi Pete,

That's interesting - I was just saying that when I was in Bangkok I only saw the little Tuk Tuk's, so in Bangkok can you only take a little ones that will fit 2 Aussies or Kiwis?

We might have to train or taxi then while in Bangkok - we are only there for 2 nights on our way home after 10 nights in Phuket.

Cheers

Mary-Jane

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
reviews: 60
9. Re: Rollaway beds & Tuk tuks

Hi Mary Jane,

There are some tuk tuks in Bangkok that will take 3 just check around but all the hotels have there own cabs that you can get around in for a small fee.

Cheers, Pete

Papakura, Auckland...
10. Re: Rollaway beds & Tuk tuks

Great thanks Pete,

No doubt I will be back on for info - actually while I think about it - I need to get a power point converter, I saw one on Cathy's page, but that looked like one I took to Germany and France.

The end that goes into the socket, does it have 2 round prongs like the European ones?

cheers

Mary-Jane