We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amari Coral Beach - 2013 renovations

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
reviews: 9
Amari Coral Beach - 2013 renovations

Just heard that the next round of renovations starts 4 days before we arrive in April- I can cope with parts being closed but I am very concerned about noise and disruption. Can anyone give me any idea of their experience from last years renovations. I realise it cant all be done at once- does anyone know which areas will be done first?

20 replies to this topic
wales
reviews: 29
11. Re: Amari Coral Beach - 2013 renovations

We will be ariving 16th April ,Also had a letter and map of hotel ,showing the places that will be closed .At this moment i am thinking to change hotel,i have been in touch with our travel agent ,we were given a chance to change .Banthai. Merling. Seaview. Hap Patong ,so i think we are lucky .At this moment i dont know what to do. The Delux rooms look so nice , but only half the hotel will be open..What do you others out there think !!!..

Warrington, United...
reviews: 1
12. Re: Amari Coral Beach - 2013 renovations

We have also been offered a change by our travel agent - Merlin Beach Resort (with £300 refunded); Katathani Resort in Kata Noi (£203 refunded); Andaman Seaview in Karon (£190 refunded). They have also offered £100 compensation if we stay at the Amari as planned. We can also pick another hotel in their portfolio and pay the difference if necessary. To be fair they have been very good. They also said that they had clients there during last year's refurb and the majority continued with their holiday and didn't report any major issues (well they would say that....)

Our hearts were set on the Amari as it is our honeymoon. Having been once before, it is the main reason for going back to Phuket. It really is that good. I'm tempted to gamble and stick with it.

wales
13. Re: Amari Coral Beach - 2013 renovations

We have decided after a lot of thought to stay there ,i think it will be ok .

Hope you all have a fab time .

Newcastle upon...
14. Re: Amari Coral Beach - 2013 renovations

Hi- we are sticking to our original plans too.I'm sure it will be fine.

See you there Jessey!!!!!!

wales
15. Re: Amari Coral Beach - 2013 renovations

Hi jello ,

We will see you by the bar ,i expect !!!! looking forward to going now .Wont be long .Be there 16th ~~ 23rd . Look for Welsh flag .

jess

Newcastle upon...
16. Re: Amari Coral Beach - 2013 renovations

We arrive Sunday Evening - the 21st - look out for the motly crew in my photo

Mandy

Warrington, United...
reviews: 1
17. Re: Amari Coral Beach - 2013 renovations

We arrive Monday night 22nd April. Hope everybody has a great holiday and thanks for the heads up on the hotel refurb.

Southampton
reviews: 16
18. Re: Amari Coral Beach - 2013 renovations

hi if last years renovations are anything to go by should be fine. we only booked monday for our 8th return visit. arrive on 19th april for 11 days and everything else the amari does is fab so sure we will all have a great time

Glenelg, Australia
19. Re: Amari Coral Beach - 2013 renovations

Are there any renovations currently being done If so, when will they be completed?

Newcastle upon...
20. Re: Amari Coral Beach - 2013 renovations

Hi - as far as I am aware the renovations are now complete. Judging by the photos on the hotel FB page it looks fab. Although I know they haven't yet updated their website. Probably best to email the hotel direct to be 100% sure

Reply to: Amari Coral Beach - 2013 renovations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted