We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amari Coral Beach - 2013 renovations

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
reviews: 15
Amari Coral Beach - 2013 renovations

Just heard that the next round of renovations starts 4 days before we arrive in April- I can cope with parts being closed but I am very concerned about noise and disruption. Can anyone give me any idea of their experience from last years renovations. I realise it cant all be done at once- does anyone know which areas will be done first?

20 replies to this topic
Leeds
reviews: 1
1. Re: Amari Coral Beach - 2013 renovations

We are going very soon to the Amari. I am now starting to get worried that it will spoil our trip. Just asked our travel agents about it and they say they know nothing about the renovations and its is in the T&C,s, basically fobbing us of.

Edited: 5:16 am, February 28, 2013
Newcastle upon...
2. Re: Amari Coral Beach - 2013 renovations

I have just had an email from the hotel with all of the information - give me your email address and I will forward it to you

Leeds
3. Re: Amari Coral Beach - 2013 renovations

The travel agents have just rang me, to inform me that they have just contacted the hotel on my behalf and they say the renovations will not start until April 16th. :)

Newcastle upon...
4. Re: Amari Coral Beach - 2013 renovations

Hi - just sent you an email so just ignore - thats good news for you, at least you wont be affected. Enjoy your stay!!!!!

Leeds
5. Re: Amari Coral Beach - 2013 renovations

Thanks for the email and you too enjoy your trip! :)

6. Re: Amari Coral Beach - 2013 renovations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:07 pm, March 02, 2013

Warrington, United...
7. Re: Amari Coral Beach - 2013 renovations

We go there 21st April and from what the hotel have indicated, there will be significant parts of the resort closed from April thru September (main lobby building, La Gritta restaurant and pool area, Kinaree restaurant, fitness room and all of the superior room blocks). The works are every day between 9am and 6pm although they state noise and visual disturbance will be kept to a minimum i.e. hoardings will be erected. We are still trying to contact our travel operator about this situation. If it wasn't for this forum I doubt we would have been informed, although the works were only signed off on 26 Feb.

London, United...
8. Re: Amari Coral Beach - 2013 renovations

Hi,

I have the same problem, booked holiday to Amari Coral Beach last august through Thomas Cook and Kuoni, were not going till early July but have only just been informed about the renovations yesterday.

I am so annoyed and angry that we weren't

told about this earlier, I'm sure they would've known about this months ago. Now I'm worried that it's going to ruin our holiday.

What did the email from the hotel say?

Sue

Warrington, United...
9. Re: Amari Coral Beach - 2013 renovations

The email basically thanked us for choosing to stay with them and enclosed a site map and a form which described the nature of the refurbishment programme. I would forward it if I knew how - is there a way to pass on your email address?

10. Re: Amari Coral Beach - 2013 renovations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:39 pm, March 12, 2013

Reply to: Amari Coral Beach - 2013 renovations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted