We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying glasses in phuket

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
reviews: 14
Buying glasses in phuket

Please can anyone recommend a good optometrist in Phuket

Perth, Australia
reviews: 79
1. Re: Buying glasses in phuket

I priced getting my multi focal glasses replaced in Phuket and found they were quite expensive -- was cheaper to get them in Aus on my medical insurance

Australia
reviews: 14
2. Re: Buying glasses in phuket

Thanks will look into that.

Auckland Region...
3. Re: Buying glasses in phuket

Hi - we can recommend Somsak Optical, we got two pairs of varifocals from him, he is excellent. Speaks good English, and very caring about getting the right frames and lenses for each person. He is in Phuket City, 110 Rassada Road, Muang. Telephone 076-217437. He was way cheaper than the opticians along the street in Karon. We did have to make two trips into Phuket City, but it was worth it, and you need to allow about 5 days as the glasses come from Bangkok, so do ensure you have sufficient time. For us it was well worth it, as it was half the cost of same glasses here in New Zealand!

Sydney Australia
reviews: 52
4. Re: Buying glasses in phuket

They used to be cheaper in hailand but for the past couple of years it is cheaper to just get them back here in Oz on your fund as mentioned above. Cost me about $40 for 2 pairs of good quality reading glasses last year here in Sydney.

Brisbane
reviews: 21
5. Re: Buying glasses in phuket

In July 2013 my wife and I bought 2 pairs of reading glasses and 1 pair of multi focals from Brillit Opticians, 558 Patek Road, Karon Beach, Phuket, which were absolutely superb and top quality in every respect. All specs were made to an Australian prescription and at a fraction of Australian prices, even with Health Fund rebates. Strongly recommended.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 10
6. Re: Buying glasses in phuket

Hi

Can you tell me how much all this costed you please?

7. Re: Buying glasses in phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 04, 2014