We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patong beach to central festival phuket

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Patong beach to central festival phuket

Hi, we are staying at a resort, patong paragon on Prabaramee Rd. Patong, Just wondering, how long does it take to get to Central Festival Phuket. I think this resort only does transfers and rides to Jungceylon.

Also we get there on Saturday late afternoon, what should we do first? Hit the weekend markets? Whats on?

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
reviews: 13
1. Re: Patong beach to central festival phuket

Traffics heavy at the moment (on a scooter it's about 20 minutes) in a car probably 30 minutes.

As for whats on...lots. Weekend market as you say Sat and Sun. There will be sports on TV if you follow a code, There always seems to be a festival somewhere on the island if you can, get to one.

Phuket, Thailand
2. Re: Patong beach to central festival phuket

The bus runs at a pretty leisurely pace - probably 30-40 minutes, but it is a pleasant ride.

Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 2
3. Re: Patong beach to central festival phuket

Actually that is a pretty direct run over the hill and along to town....could take as little as 15 minutes if the traffic is OK, or an hour if not. I lived and worked on the island for 2 years, left in 2009 so i dare say it is much the same. Time may not be your only issue....transport to get there is not so regular and easy to get unless you want to pay quite high prices for private cars.

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 56
4. Re: Patong beach to central festival phuket

I would suggest going to the Phuet town night markets (the are on the weekends only)

You get much better deals than in Patong!

Regards

Sam

http://www.travellingking.com

Poulton-le-Fylde, UK
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
reviews: 61
5. Re: Patong beach to central festival phuket

" I lived and worked on the island for 2 years, left in 2009 so i dare say it is much the same" - not so! At the moment there are major roadworks at the junction of the By Pass road leading upto and past Central Festival creating an underpass under that busy junction. This has created significant tailbacks, beyond Tesco Lotus when we were there last week. There are diversions to Patong in place but it is bound to have an effect on routes around that area for a considerable number of months until this massive project is completed.

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
reviews: 13
6. Re: Patong beach to central festival phuket

Two years they reckon Alan for the underpass.

Poulton-le-Fylde, UK
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
reviews: 61
7. Re: Patong beach to central festival phuket

... and at the same time as the development of Phuket Airport! Happy Days!!!

8. Re: Patong beach to central festival phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 16, 2014