We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Petrol prices in Phuket

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NSW
reviews: 62
Petrol prices in Phuket

Could anyone tell me the current price of fuel in phuket as of Feb 2013. Much appreciated.

Bangkok
1. Re: Petrol prices in Phuket

You can see the current prices for all kinds of fuel in Bangkok here: http://www.eppo.go.th/retail_prices.html

Maybe add a little for Phuket prices.

Chiang Klang...
2. Re: Petrol prices in Phuket

They change a bit fairly often to reflect the price of oil, down sometimes are well as up. Most 'petrol' is in fact a form of ethanol ('gasohol'), and diesel is the cheapest fuel.

NSW
3. Re: Petrol prices in Phuket

Thanks to Gippy 3000. I checked the sight you suggested and found it very helpful. Your help is appreciated. Travel well.

From Crossborder Traveller

Gold Coast
reviews: 33
4. Re: Petrol prices in Phuket

Not much difference from Australia.

Launceston...
reviews: 6
5. Re: Petrol prices in Phuket

Well that may depend on were you live. Petrol in Phuket around $1.03 here is Tasmania at the moment $1.53, not sure in other states.

So to the Thai people it's very expensive. If we were to consider the minimum wage in Phuket of 300bt ($9.50) per day it's very expensive indeed.

I think fuel is expensive here but it doen't cost me 10% of my wage just for 1Lt. Anyway $1.03 per Lt is cheap to us.

Gold Coast
reviews: 33
6. Re: Petrol prices in Phuket

Yes, that was my point. Not a lot of difference from Australia, but very expensive for Thais. It has gone up about 8 baht from last June.

Petrol in Qld varies greatly. I got some today for $1.36 but some servos were $1.59. We are just being ripped off.

Launceston...
reviews: 6
7. Re: Petrol prices in Phuket

Yes ripped off by our ever thirsty gov ! & how about the price of bottled water in Au 1 1/2 times the cost of fuel & the stuff falls from the sky!!

Bangkok
8. Re: Petrol prices in Phuket

I don't think the prices are very expensive for Thai's. People on a low income will use public transport or have a scooter. I do all my shopping and errands on a scooter and put about 100 baht of fuel in a month, hardly breaking the bank. Compared to 5 years ago the prices are better, diesel was over 40 baht a litre compared to 30 now.

NSW
9. Re: Petrol prices in Phuket

Thank you to all those who answered my question about fuel prices in Phuket. I think I have that sorted.

Could I now ask which rental company people suggest to rent a car?

Also, the best tours to Phi Phi Island and for exploring the limestone caves.

Thanks in anticipation.

Crossborder Traveller

10. Re: Petrol prices in Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 16, 2014