We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patong in June

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rockhampton...
reviews: 4
Patong in June

Me and my partner would like to go to thailand in JUNE this year. The 3rd until the 14th - particularly patong beach. Has anyone been at this time and can tell me if it is worth going due to is being low season and rainy? - i have been before but my partner has not and we are trying to decide between this and bali. I know the shopping in thailand is good and have heard it is much better than Bali. Also is there still many travellers in June? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Chiang Klang...
1. Re: Patong in June

Phuket gets hordes of tourists year round. June has a bit of rain but in an average year its not bad enough to worry about.

Rockhampton...
2. Re: Patong in June

Thanks rubarabbit! Still so hard to make up my mind!

Sydney, Australia
3. Re: Patong in June

Hi Brookec91,

We have been over in June-July the last couple of years now..First year no rain at all last year it rained on and of for about 4 of our 10 days but still warm.The beach is not the best at this time but plenty other things to do..We have also been to Bali but like Patong much more..And everything is much cheaper that time of year..We are going back again June-July..Hope this helps.

Take care,

Mark

Rockhampton...
4. Re: Patong in June

Thanks Mark thats a great help. When looking at Bali i did find prices for tours etc were really exy! I think Patong is the way to go. Might see you in June ha! Do you also know if they have day trips to phi phi island etc running at this time?

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 40
5. Re: Patong in June

Yes, they have trips to Phi Phi but it's a day by day proposition. Good operators will cancel if it's too rough. Bad operators may chance it.

We've had good weather in June. I loved the daily forecast posted at the Hotel - every day said 70-80% chance of rain, and we had 7 days of no rain before they were right.

Anecdotally, late June is better weather than earlyJune, but it truly is a lottery that time of year.

Hyderabad, India
reviews: 56
6. Re: Patong in June

I was there in last October (rainy and low season). I did not find any rain, but I got hotels at 50% discounted price. Even for the tours we paid Baht 800-1000.

Lot of day trips. The best trip is Phang Nga tour followed by Phi Phi tour.

Gold Coast
reviews: 34
7. Re: Patong in June

It becomes a guessing game. We have been in June a few times and weather has been good.Will be back this June so hope I'm right.

Sydney, Australia
8. Re: Patong in June

Hi again Brookeec91,

As Gocdaworld has said Phi Phi is a day to day prob at that time of year..We have done the Phi Phi trip in January and is a lot more calm that time of year but still found it a rough trip so dont no about June...I found the Phang Nga Bay tour really good even better than the Phi Phi one but each to there own and in June its a pretty smooth trip.. Have a look at Phuket Sail Tours really good tours.

Take Care,

Mark.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
reviews: 9
9. Re: Patong in June

Agree with the above posters - if you want to go on a daytrip to Phi Phi check out the top quality tours. For example there is no ways that Captain Mark from PST will take you out if the conditions are too rough.

Dont opt for a cheaper price....rather pay a little more for a top quality safe tour.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 82
10. Re: Patong in June

Bali weather in June is the best time of year to go I reckon