We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Etihad - Air Berlin to Phuket

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Etihad - Air Berlin to Phuket

Hi

Has anyone recently flown with Etihad from London to Phuket? Apparently the second leg is with Air Berlin, I'd read loads of bad review of Air Berlin, are they really that bad? Do they have personal entertainment systems ? Would really appreciate any advice from someone who's recently taken the same flight?

Many Thanks

21 replies to this topic
reviews: 24
11. Re: Etihad - Air Berlin to Phuket

We have just taken this route and was not told by our travel agent that air berlin were involved. We have had a successful complaint against hayes and jarvis. Air berlin was horrible the seats were hard and minimal leg room Thomson airways have more. The inflight entertainment was poor and the staff were very rude. The cabin crew pretty much threw our food at us to the point my drink slid off the table. They did not enforce the pilots seat belts signs. No staff welcomed us on board and when i asked for milk for my tea he walked off and came back 10 minutes later with sugar. No better than Ryan air. The plane was not modern or comfortable never again

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
12. Re: Etihad - Air Berlin to Phuket

You can post a full review on the www.airlinequality.com to help others planning to fly with them.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
reviews: 33
13. Re: Etihad - Air Berlin to Phuket

Haw! I still have a bad taste in my mouth from my horrible Etihad flight and stopover in Abu Dhabi Godawfulnational and a memory of my relief of finally getting on a nice, clean, comfortable airberlin plane in the middle of the night.

Phuket
reviews: 11
14. Re: Etihad - Air Berlin to Phuket

Wow. Very conflicting views on here. I'd like to add mine to the mix.

We did the trip Phuket to London with Etihad. Our Phuket to Abu Dhabi leg was Air Berlin as was the return Abu Dhabi to Phuket. We found the seats, service and food inferior on the Air Berlin leg. Also, on the return leg, we were shepherded into Abu Dhabi's low cost terminal, which was little more than a shed, with no shopping opportunities and rubbish catering from a a single concession which was 1970's quality. This contrasted hugely with the excellent departure lounge we enjoyed on the way out.

On our return to Phuket our bags were missing, as were the bags for, it seems, everyone else that transited through Abu Dhabi. The lady at the lost baggage counter showed us a pile of baggage claim forms and said it's the same every day. They will bring the bags tomorrow. They did show up with the bags the following day, but at 10pm and it seems this is pretty much standard practice. We didn't suffer too much inconvenience, because we live here, but if we'd been coming on holiday, it would have ruined our first day. (As it was, it ruined about 2kg of cheese, which we can live with hahaha).

I will never book a flight with Air Berlin, and I won't book with Etihad again as long as they code share with them.

As for the personal entertainment, to be fair, it wasn't bad. Not as good as the Etihad leg, but OK.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
reviews: 33
15. Re: Etihad - Air Berlin to Phuket

Well I'm not flying airberblin any more to Thailand because they codeshare with Etihad. but I'll fly anywhere else with them unreservedly as long as I never ever heve to board an Etihad plane ever again.

Edited: 11:25 am, July 21, 2013
Belfast, United...
reviews: 2
16. Re: Etihad - Air Berlin to Phuket

I am flying dublin-abu dhabi-phuket with etihad/air berlin

Couple of questions,

do they transfer your bags from the etihad flight to the air berlin one?

What happens if there is a delay on the outbound flight?

Is there free drinks on the flights?

reviews: 24
17. Re: Etihad - Air Berlin to Phuket

Hi we checked our luggage in at Manchester and didn't see it again until phuket.

If the first leg of tr flight it delayed etihad will have a responsibility if that's who you initially booked it all with. As I understand it.

On our return we flew via Bangkok so we got etihad all te way through.

Air berlin supposedly has free drinks on board however we were offered 1 bar service and the choice was extremely limited. Lots of people went up for drinks.

Phuket
reviews: 11
18. Re: Etihad - Air Berlin to Phuket

Hi Portrushbear

They should transfer your bags. Ask at the check in counter to be sure. Don't expect them necessarily to be there when you land in Phuket. Your travel insurance will usually give you a daily spend if they should leave your check-in bags in Abu Dhabi. But I would recommend bringing some essentials with you in your carry on.

If your first flight is delayed, it's Etihad's responsibility, as long as you bought your ticket through them.

They do serve drinks. I didn't find it too limited, they have the usual wine, beer & spirits. But they're not falling over themselves to serve you. They'll serve you drinks just before food, then again with food. If you want more in between times, go up and ask!

wigan
reviews: 25
19. Re: Etihad - Air Berlin to Phuket

Hello Amy, We are flying with Etihad via Abu Dhabi to Phuket in Feb 2014.Could you give me any useful info regarding the Air Berlin leg.We have flown with Etihad before but know little about Air Berlin,other than many people have slated it.Any info which would make it more enjoyable and trouble free would be most appreciated.

Dubai
reviews: 18
20. Re: Etihad - Air Berlin to Phuket

Hi,

I flew Air Berlin Business Class to Berlin last month. They were probably not as good as Etihad or Emirates, but certainly nothing to complain about. The service is efficient and the inflight entertainment options are more than enough for what is in essence a 6 hour flight. Seats are a bit narrow but again ok for the flight duration. Food was ok, again not quite as good as the local airlines but acceptable. No choice if you want to fly from Abu Dhabi to Phuket direct.

Reply to: Etihad - Air Berlin to Phuket
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted