We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toms International Tailor, Rip off, Do not Buy

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Toms International Tailor, Rip off, Do not Buy

I recently had a suit made at Tom's International Patong and was ripped off suit is rubbish.

Beware do not buy especially from salesman Dilip.

Bangkok, Thailand
1. Re: Toms International Tailor, Rip off, Do not Buy

Only 1% of all the tailors in Thailand are any good. The rest are not worth even a look in the window.

australia
reviews: 17
2. Re: Toms International Tailor, Rip off, Do not Buy

Have suits made every year from Kento, and i wear them everyday in my job. have never had a problem & getting 4 more made in January,

uk
reviews: 1
3. Re: Toms International Tailor, Rip off, Do not Buy

its probably not the taylor thats no good matt, its the kids that make the suits in the sweatshops, there lazy little bugg-rs , you just can,t get the labour now-days

Bairnsdale...
reviews: 2
4. Re: Toms International Tailor, Rip off, Do not Buy

I had some shirts and pants made earlier this year - i think that they did a great job! As did my oh, and some friends who also got shirts, pants, and jackets made there. Not cheap, but quality garments that you can't buy off the shelf here.

Brisbane, Australia
5. Re: Toms International Tailor, Rip off, Do not Buy

Hey Matt,

I have just got back and had a suit made at Toms. I do not know if you were unlucky or I was lucky but I am very impressed withe the suite I had made hmmmm

Cheers

Rob

Bairnsdale...
6. Re: Toms International Tailor, Rip off, Do not Buy

I'm hmmmmming along with you, Rob! ;)

We're actually making a short notice trip back to Phuket in 10 days, and Tom's is on our to-do list!

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
7. Re: Toms International Tailor, Rip off, Do not Buy

Maybe a rival?

Avoca Beach...
reviews: 3
8. Re: Toms International Tailor, Rip off, Do not Buy

My sister in law tried to have a dress made there. All the dramas she had ruined the end of her holiday.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 43
9. Re: Toms International Tailor, Rip off, Do not Buy

I was recommended to go to Toms and was impressed by their excellent service and the time taken - both at initial consultation and subsequent fittings. They provide free drinks, free shuttle and even had two cute puppies that entertained my daughter.

Eddy was excellent, and better than others we dealt with there.

They also offer a full refund if you are unhappy with their product.

I had 2 suits, 2 pants and 3 shirts made there, and my wife got a skirt and two pants.

I am very happy with the fit and quality of the pants.

Interestingly, I can see differences in the quality of my two suit jackets and I assume that they were made by different people. One feels a lot better put together. After using the jackets I now know what I don't like and next time I get bespoke suits made I will know what to ask for. eg: The suit cuffs are only three button and do not have faux nor working button holes behind them.

I am unsure of my shirts. I usually buy TM Lewin shirts online from the UK. I will see how the Toms shirts wear before I make final judgement.

Would I order via email for delivery to Australia? Pants yes, shirts maybe, suits no. For suits I'd want to fly over and talk over some design details with them first.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 3
10. Re: Toms International Tailor, Rip off, Do not Buy

I had a suit made when i was over there in August. Next time I will get a suit made closer to my motel or in my motel as apparently in the motels you have more satisfaction gaurantie, however you spell it. I feel i wasted a lot of time backwards and forwards for fittings out of 6 pieces i had made at 2 different Tailors i was only happy with the jacket.

Do your research before you go is my advise. Even though i did i got scammed my those young kids out front bringing customers in.