We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet Star

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle
Jet Star

Hi.

Travelling over to Patong on 23rd January, flying Jetstar direct from Sydney.

Anyone with any info for or against this option.

Looking forward to getting there.

jonnodon

townsville
reviews: 1
11. Re: Jet Star

Ian, was about $1700 return and I too found out about a 2 for 1 special (see other post) after paying for it so keep looking on the website home page . :-)

Australia
reviews: 34
12. Re: Jet Star

We flew Jetstar direct to Phuket from Sydney last year and have booked again with them to go next month. Flying direct to Phuket without having to worry about stopovers etc was a real bonus for us and there was nothing to complain about with any of their services or reliability. Let's face it - Jetstar is a budget airline and you won't get any bells and whistles and hopefully they deal appropriately with customers when there are problems (as there inevitably will be). Hope you have a great trip!

Newcastle
13. Re: Jet Star

Would like to thank all you wonderful people who gave opinions to my question.

Seems that flying with Jetstar whilst there are no bells and whistles the direct flight and cost factor makes it a sensible choice.

Have been before flying Thai and the stopover in Bangkok was a killer.

Thanks all.

Bear

sydney
reviews: 73
14. Re: Jet Star

We decided to fly direct to Phuket from Sydney with Jetstar in 2009 after having flown the previous year with Thai Airlines via Bangkok.

We were a bit wary having heard a few unfavourable reports but can honestly say we did not have any problems.

We have booked Jetstar again this year. The only difference is this time my husband will not order a video/tv player. It was a bit of a nuisance as you have to place it on your tray and it gets in the way when you want to have a meal or drink.

I preordered a comfort pack which includes light blanket, earplugs, eye mask. I did not use it on the way over but found it great for the return flight. I tend to feel the cold and you cannot count on airline airconditioning. Sometimes it can be quite warm and at other times quite cool. I have kept the pack to take with me this year.

We did not preorder food or drinks and found there was plenty available on the flight if required.

Not sure about Star Class though. Walking through the cabin we didn't think it looked worth the extra money however if there was a special price offered it may be an option.

The best thing is the shorter flying time (9 1/2 hours) versus having to fly to Bangkok then catching a connecting flight to Phuket (13 + hours in total).

Missing connecting flights and lost baggage can occur with any airline not just Jetstar. Give them a go and enjoy your holiday.

Coolangatta...
15. Re: Jet Star

Premium airlines must just love the advent of low cost carriers. Suddenly their economy travel is perceived as something marvellous rather than the fairly uncomfortable transport it really is. The so-called "freebies" on premium carriers come at a huge price compared to Jetstar, for example. We're big fans of AirAsia but they only fly via Kuala Lumpur and probably aren't a friendly option from Newcastle.

Here's an interesting bit of news in today's Sydney Morning Herald:

smh.com.au/business/…

16. Re: Jet Star

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 05, 2010