We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody going February 2009?

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 1
Anybody going February 2009?

Hi Guys,

Is there anyone else travelling to Patong in Feb? I am starting to get concerned about the government warnings, which are now saying to reconsider travelling to Thailand, due to the problems at the airports. I would love to hear peoples thoughts on the subject...

Thanks.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 20
1. Re: Anybody going February 2009?

I'm still planning on going, assuming the airports do open up. Moot point if they don't right?!!!Generally speaking it's a great fun safe place to travel. Probably will get to Phuket the first few days of Feb. Bob

Riga
2. Re: Anybody going February 2009?

We are planning to go to Thailand on January 8. For now we haven't changed our minds. If the airport in Bangkok is opened and our flight is not cancelled we will go. Probably will not stay in Bangkok for 2 days as we intended to, but make other plans.

Sunny Queensland...
reviews: 51
3. Re: Anybody going February 2009?

Just keep watching the news.It is possible with the Prime minister being dismissed that there will be new elections.Some are tipping February for this to happen.Election time could be dangerous with clashes between PAD and UDD.Unlike the currenr crisis election violence could happen anywhere.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 9
4. Re: Anybody going February 2009?

We still plan to leave for Bangkok on January 29 and come home in mid February. Will be monitoring the situation of course but as of now we aren't discouraged. Personally I think the chances of the PAD taking the airport again are slim (although I would have thought that before!) I am actually in much higher spirits over the trip and happy we won't have to resort to our Plan B.

Sydney, Australia
5. Re: Anybody going February 2009?

Ok, thanks:) I guess i feel a bit better about it. Just don't want to go through the hassle of changing plans. And having never been to Thailand before, i have my heart set on it...

Perth, Australia
6. Re: Anybody going February 2009?

Im due to fly out on the 12th of feb. 6 nights in phuket, 4 in bangkok. really not sure what to do now. going to see the travel agent tomorrow and see if it is possible to alter our detination to say KL and singapore without loosing any money but in not i guess ill just have to hand over the rest of my money i owe to the travel agent and play the waiting game :(

really disappointing because all i now feel is disappointment rather than excitement.

Thailand
7. Re: Anybody going February 2009?

There has only ever been one actual clash between the UDD and the PAD and that was at like 3 in the morning near government house.

Use your common sense like you would back home and dont go out looking for trouble. No foreigners have been physically hurt in any way by the protests. As for Patong, that's 800km from any confrontation!

8. Re: Anybody going February 2009?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, October 16, 2009