We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice hotel../phi phi island

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 15
Nice hotel../phi phi island

About to book hotel for our first night in patong..

looking for something nice and in the middle of all the action.. not budget.. what do you suggest. been on heaps of sites but curious about recommendations.

Also want to stay 3nights for our honeymoon at

Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort & Spa Krabi

Looked to book here.. 500 a night.. So want to try and book once we get in patong.. Do you think we can get it cheaper? If we cant get in I dont care.. just think its a bit rich to book anything from here..

opinons please

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 40
1. Re: Nice hotel../phi phi island

We have booked sunset beach resort in patong due to excellent value for money (junior suite $100 aus per night in nov )and it has very very good reviews on this site.We are honeymooning as well and did nt want to stay at any of the bigger "family style resorts" with kids everywhere.Having been to patong before i know hotels location is fine ( about 5mins on bike from bangla rd)

I have travelled quite extensively and have found that in MOST cases you get the best deal over the internet before leaving home.shop around.amari resort seems to be the cream of the crop if money is not a factor,and its location is good.

As for phi phi,its a catch 22 situation.It seems most of the up market hotels are at the top and other obscure parts of the island and it is virtualy impossible to get back into tonsai at night. and the hotels that are closer to town are of a lesser standard.We were tossing up between the one you mentioned and the cabana hotel and ended up booking the cabana for the pure fact of location,i think we paid 160-170 per night.I stayed at the bayview resort previously and it was like the hotel from hell.. saltwater showers,kreepy crawlys, etc etc.

you just have to go with an open mind cause it is a real beautiful place which is just a little behind but thats phi phi.

Melbourne
reviews: 27
2. Re: Nice hotel../phi phi island

We stayed at the Ban Thai. It's got 3 great pools and each room overlooks the pool in it's area.

We found the rooms very clean and modern. It's a great resort and i'd definately stay here again next time we go back to phuket.

We also stayed at Phi Phi Island Village but it certainly didn't cost 500 a night!!! Check out the internet for better prices.

Brisbane, Australia
3. Re: Nice hotel../phi phi island

Thanks kez and bain..

I actually ment to get across that We are planning on booking the first three nights in patong beach and then after just kinda cruising around and booking other hotels whilst there.. from what I have seen in availabilty its been showing up fairly easy.. was wondering if someone else has flown by the seats of their pants like this??

I will be bringing my laptop with me so anything I need to book online I can.. but just wondering if anyone has ever done the same?

Kinda just wanted to play it by ear and see how we go and keep ourselves open if we wanted to move around.

Anyways I have been told by other fellow thai travellers that I can easily get a wonderful room for 50.. that is stunning.. So far have no luck. lol.

If it sounds too good to be true....

lol. I am also fine with guesthouses.. or a little beach bungalow.. lol

cheers

tams.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 40
4. Re: Nice hotel../phi phi island

HI

as long as you are not fussy where you stay i would say you wont have any problems at all.I know apartments are quiet cheap as well but i NEED a pool while in phuket otherwise i would probably do the apartment thing myself.just make sure where ever you decide to stay is secure because you do read a little every now and then of peoples stuff going missing at some of the smaller places sometimes( but im not tarnishing everyone with the same brush).and the cheaper hotels tend to have blokes with thai "company" if you catch my drift.which larger hotels tend to discourage by placing a huge extra person stay over fee.

Brisbane, Australia
5. Re: Nice hotel../phi phi island

blaminboy.

Sorry i spelt that incorrect before.

Yes that is one thing I am thinking about too..

security is a huge issue with us..As I am a photographer and have alot of gear.

I think that we will still see when we get there but

I will keep in mind what you said about the smaller places. makes sense..

I think 100 a night is pretty fair. so might give that a go. plus a pool is a must in our books too!

Thanks heap for your advice : )

6. Re: Nice hotel../phi phi island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, October 07, 2009