We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rayavadee or Trisara

Which Krabi Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bobajoblondon
reviews: 5
Rayavadee or Trisara

We're planning our honeymoon next December and I can't make my mind up. I had my heart set on Rayavadee for some time but the more I read on tripadviser the more I am put off. The situation with the beaches not being private and the tons of day trippers is of real concern. I am now thinking about switching to the Trisara in Phuket. This seems much more private although I can't find much info on the beach. Does anyone know what the beach is like here and is it safe to swim in the sea? Has anyone been to both who may have a recommendation.

Following Rayavadee or Trisara we plan to go to the Pimalai in Koh Lanta. I don't have any of the same concerns here. The only downside that tends to crop up is that it is a bit pricey. I don't care about this. I know it's not cheap so I expect to spend a packet when I get there and worry about it when I get home.

If anyone can offer any advice on these resorts it would be very helpful.

Warwick, United...
reviews: 30
1. Re: Rayavadee or Trisara

The beaches at the Rayavadee aren't private but then the grounds are so lovely you dont need them to be. The hotel is ONLY available to hotel guest so does feel VERY exclusive. I hardly noticed the day trippers at all. (actually didnt think there was that many-although you do notice the long tail boats but its only back ground noise.)

I guess it depnds if you want to be TOTALLY cut off but don't let the actual location put you off the place is stunning and i believe has a new manager and the food has improved since i was there in Nov 06. That was out only gripe about the Rayavadee

Orange County
reviews: 6
2. Re: Rayavadee or Trisara

Hi! I am at Trisara right now and let me just say this place is fantastic! The beaches are very private and the staff is incredible. I would rank this as one of the best hotels I have stayed at in the world. I do not know much about the Rayavadee but I know you would not be disappointed here. THe beaches are very safe and the water is lovely here. Good luck with your plans!

bobajoblondon
3. Re: Rayavadee or Trisara

Anna,

What about the beach at Trisara? I hear it is not very good and too rocky to swim. Is ths correct? The rooms look fantastic but is it correct that there is only one restaurant? Doesn't this get a bit boring?

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Pefkos, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
reviews: 110
4. Re: Rayavadee or Trisara

I agree with Asha we have just come back from the rayavadee and phuket it is totally private at the rayavadee i much prefered it to phuket . It was so beautifull there you can not imagine it has the wow factor and i feel so lucky to have gone there.Yes there are other people on the beaches but every beach in thailand is a public beach but what scenery out of this world and the beach at phra nang paradise ther are a few long tail boats but they are earning a living and they took us to some amazing deserted beaches and those memories will be with me for ever.I could not fault the place both me and my husband felt like crying when we left we went 5 star in phuket but the rayavadee is the rayavadee and nothing in this world willcompare to that.I only wish we had done krabi last as i did not enjoy phuket as much.

New Zealand
reviews: 18
5. Re: Rayavadee or Trisara

For what it is worth we have booked Rayavadee over Trisara for the same reason as the last post - Phuket is just as crowded and the R just seemed to have that X factor. Whichever you choose I am sure you will have a great time and congrads on the wedding. Thailand is the most beautiful place and will get under your skin. This will be our 5th trip and we have not scratched the surface. Happy New Year!

Los Angeles...
6. Re: Rayavadee or Trisara

Rayavadee is a paradise! We recently spent 5 days there after stays at the Sarojin in Kho Lak and the Zeavola on Phi Phi...both lovely resorts but nothing compared to the level of sevice and the beauty that awaits at Rayavadee! We joined and booked thru Leading Hotels of the World and received a double upgrade to a pool villa! As it is so hot and humid the private plunge pool was heaven for a quick cool-off! The grounds and villas are amazing and the staff is wonderful...the general manager greets you upon arrival and was out and about everyday. The beaches are public and can get a bit crowded but this did not ruin the experience at all. The surrounding areas are tacky and dirty so enjoy the expensive luxury within the confines of the resort...the meals were delicious and the restaurants beautiful...expensive but worth it!

Dublin,Ireland
7. Re: Rayavadee or Trisara

I agree, Raya is fab. Its very private and stunning. fantastic staff. The beach at Trisara is a bit disappointing and on the least attractive part of Phuket

bobajoblondon
8. Re: Rayavadee or Trisara

Thanks for your advice. Has anyone been to the JW Marriott on Phuket. This seems to be in a quiter part of the island.

Dublin,Ireland
9. Re: Rayavadee or Trisara

I think the marriot is in khao lak which is on the mainland, north of phuket(about an hour by car, i think).

Ao Nang, Krabi
10. Re: Rayavadee or Trisara

The JW Marriott is right at the top end of Phuket, just before the bridge to the mainland. I haven't visited it but there is certainly nowhere to go and eat around there!!!