We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Krabi worth staying after Phuket?

Which Krabi Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
India
reviews: 1
Is Krabi worth staying after Phuket?

Hi,

We are planning to go to Phuket which is finalised.Along with Phuket we had initial plans of going to Krabi but am a bit confused as I will be travelling with my family along with an infant.The confusion is as how do I go from Phuket to Krabi?Where do I stay is Krabi so that we can spend a lesiurely holiday?

After seeing Phuket along with Phi Phi is it worth staying once again in Krabi for 2-3nights?

Please suggest.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 3
1. Re: Is Krabi worth staying after Phuket?

Hello

My Boyfriend and I went traveling in Thailand 5 years ago and are now planning a wedding there. The fact that is is going to be in Krabi provence is vindication to the areas absolut beauty and less touristy feel than Phuket.

You can fly to Krabi which has it's own international airport or what we did was catch a 3 hour bus from Phuket. I can't imagine what it would be like traveling with an infant, but definately try to get out of Phuket to see bit more of Thailand.

This site is fantastic for finding hotels to stay in.

Check out the painting places when you are in Phuket, they do the most amazing copies and original artwork, in oils on canvas.

UK
reviews: 22
2. Re: Is Krabi worth staying after Phuket?

hi - we have just done both Krabi and Phuket - Krabi is a lot quieter and you do have some fabulous scenery and boat trips from there. It is a very personal thing if it is worth staying at - we have stayed at Phuket twice and would go back again but Krabi once for us is enough.

If you do decide I can recommend Hotel Thailand.com for transport - we booked a mini van for 5 of us and the one way from Krabi to Phiuket was 2,700 BHT - the van easily holds 7 persons + luggage. The van was new and very comfortable and the driver excellent and on time - we used them 3 times for various transoprt and I couldn't fault them.

India
3. Re: Is Krabi worth staying after Phuket?

Thanks a lot both of you for your valuable inputs.Wwe do plan to fly to Phuket from BGK.Then go by surface to Krabi and then fly back to Bgk from Krabi.

Yes Phuket seems to be more bustling but Krabi is more quiter,pristine.

Let me think and decide.

India
4. Re: Is Krabi worth staying after Phuket?

Thanks a lot both of you for your valuable inputs.Wwe do plan to fly to Phuket from BGK.Then go by surface to Krabi and then fly back to Bgk from Krabi.

Yes Phuket seems to be more bustling but Krabi is more quiter,pristine.

Let me think and decide.

Poulton-le-Fylde, UK
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
reviews: 61
5. Re: Is Krabi worth staying after Phuket?

An alternative is to hire a vehicle (type depends on party size and luggage capacity) from Phuket Airport then drive to and from Krabi. It's a great drive on good roads and you have the flexibilty of the vehicle when you are in Krabi. That's what I intnd to do next year when we return to Khao Lak. Have a look at this link for rates/vehicles.

phuketindex.com/vehicle/…index.htm

6. Re: Is Krabi worth staying after Phuket?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 am, August 15, 2009