We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krabi or Phuket Airport?

Which Krabi Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Langley City, Canada
reviews: 10
Krabi or Phuket Airport?

I am leaving Chiang Mai and wondering if I should fly into Phuket or Krabi airport? I don't have anything booked for down South and will just be island hopping and staying where ever I like...Is one airport better than the other? cheaper? more convenient?

4 replies to this topic
Melbourne
reviews: 3
1. Re: Krabi or Phuket Airport?

It depends entirely on where you want to base your self ,

Phuket and Krabi are very different areas , Phuket , more commercial , more touristy , more people ,

Krabi more of a laid back feel .

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 44
2. Re: Krabi or Phuket Airport?

Hi

From Chiangmai you can fly direct with air Asia to Phuket. I dont think you can fly direct to krabi all flight have to go via Bangkok ( unless some one can clarify that). Phuket airport have more flights more airlines to and from.

If you want to do islands hopping perhaps fly to Phuket airport - ferry to islands and end in krabi and fly back to Bangkok from krabi airport. Its easy to do the loop no need to go back to Phuket.

Cheers,

Langley City, Canada
reviews: 10
3. Re: Krabi or Phuket Airport?

Thanks!

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
4. Re: Krabi or Phuket Airport?

I would think it would be cheaper to fly to Phuket and there will be more flight choices, check out schedule and prices for both Krabi and Phuket on this website:

www.skyscanner.net

Reply to: Krabi or Phuket Airport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted