We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of day trips to phi phi from Rayavadee Resort

Which Krabi Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Pefkos, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
reviews: 110
Cost of day trips to phi phi from Rayavadee Resort

Hi ,

I have booked to stay at this really expensive hotel but wish to visit Phi-Phi Island i will be here for a week.It is a once in a lifetime holiday .

1. Are there any trips you can do where you are not going with masses of people all turning up at the same time as i have read reports of loads of boats all decending on phi phi and some people have said it really spoilt it for them .

2. Would a speedboat trip to Phi Phi cost a lot or can you quite easily share with other people wanting to do the same.

3. Would love to hear from anyone who has stayed at the Rayavadee as to cost ect for trips as to book through hotel or go outside to book from a vendor.As i do not want to pay over the odds unless you are paying for something really special.

4. I have looked into staying on Phi Phi for two nights but have allready paid for my accomm at Rayavadee so i would be paying for accomm twice where i could put this money on a day trip instead.

I look forward to your input on any of your experiences on your trips to phi phi also any other trips you might like to advise us to do which would be worth doing as well.

Thanks

Goole, United...
reviews: 11
1. Re: Cost of day trips to phi phi from Rayavadee Resort

Hi Jenson,perhaps it would be a good idea,to check out the price at the Rayavadee first for a trip to Phi Phi,then go into Ao-nang,and visit one of the tour places there.Near Wanna's place hotel,(Ao-Nang seafront),a european guy did a booking for us for Koh Hong,and there was only six of us on the speedboat,which was great.It's only 10 mins by longtail,to get into Ao-Nang from the Rayavadee,and you could maybe have lunch while you're there.

We have hired a speedboat or our own use, a couple of times,as a treat.

Phi Phi,when we stayed there cost from memory, 11000 baht,and last year (koh samui) we paid 13500 baht for 4hrs.

We have inquired at Koh Yao resort for september this year,and for 5 hrs,it's 10000 baht.Just gives you an idea,if you really want to splash out...i think you mentioned a once in a lifetime trip : )

Shop around as you would at home,the trip we did to Koh Hong was a couple of hundred baht more,per person,but there wasn't hoards of us on the speed boat,and they left earlier than the cheaper trips.Hope this helps.

tampa
2. Re: Cost of day trips to phi phi from Rayavadee Resort

just got back from the cent. krabi beach resort. We did the day trip to Phi Phi for snorkeling. from our hotel I believe the cost was probably around 2200 baht, about 25% less for kids. The boat picked us up at our hotel. Just about anywhere in Ao nang offers the same trips. prices there were cheaper, I think about 1600 baht. I don't know how much prices rise during the season. You definetly will save money by booking in Ao Nang as the hotels always get their cut. If you have to leave from Ao Nang it may make sense to pay the little extra and get picked up at your hotels beach.

Our boat had about 16 people on board. Most of the other speedboats had lees guests than ours. I believe prices were about 15000 baht if you wanted a private boat. I think the way I figured it was that if you had your own group of about 8 put together you could probably get a private boat for less.

All the boats seemed to head out around the same time and all had pretty much the same itinerary before reaching Phi Phi. I think itineraries were a bit limited since it was the monsoon season and the seas were fairly rough, even though it was a beautiful day. Of my week there only about 2 days were probably calm enough for the trip, which probably made the boats more crowded on the day we went. Of course this would be offset by the bigger crowds wanting to go during the high seasons and more oft calm seas. At Phi Phi most of the boats scattered and headed to their own special areas where the people were fed. Our boat headed to the side of Phi Phi with the Holiday Inn and Erawan Palms where we were fed a decent buffet which was included in the price. This was a very nice part of Phi Phi and made me wish I had booked a few days there. Very quiet. No other speedboats followed to this spot for lunch and swimming.

Despite the rough seas and quesiness in my stomach the trip to Phi Phi is highly recommended. The snorkeling was very good with very clear beautiful water. Unlike the brown churned up sea around Krabi.

usa
reviews: 6
3. Re: Cost of day trips to phi phi from Rayavadee Resort

I just returned from a trip that included 4 nights at the Rayavadee. It was a big deal for me to spend that much (I needed a 2 bedroom unit since we had 4 children with us) but my husband and I both decided that it was worth it. It is paradise. Everyone who works there is so gracious and helpful. The setting is so fabulous. I will go back someday. The resort is huge and was not too croweded when we were there- do not know what it would be like in high season. We had breakfast and dinner included and really liked the Thai restaurant on Phanang beach. We were going to do a group snorkeling tour to PhiPhi and some other islands but the did not have enough people so got the private speed boat tour and the threw in lunch for free. It was so fun. The men on the boat were so nice and I am glad we explored some other places. Yes, there were definately other boats at the more popular areas but that was ok. I think you could tell them you would rather spend more time at private snorkeling areas and the would do that. Thay are very! service oriented. I only went on land at Phi Phi town and was very glad to not be staying there. It seemed to be a backpacker shanty town (I am now too old for that) and still a lot of tsunami damage. Others have said there are beautiful places to stay on Phi Phi and would consider that- it has beautiful white sand beaches but not the drama of the Rayavadee location. I can not say enought about Rayavadee- we loved it.

england
reviews: 1
4. Re: Cost of day trips to phi phi from Rayavadee Resort

khfrazier

I am also staying at the Rayavadee in your opinion if your accomm here is paid for so no refunds but you would like to see phi phi would you pay for more accomm and lose two nights at the Rayavadee or just go on a day trip by boat. I do not want to book accomm in phi phi if the Rayavadee experience is the better option as i have a package that includes half board.We are staying here for a week so hoping like jenson to do boat trips ect is there plenty to do here and what would you recomend also did you try any eating places outside the hotel any tips will be most appreciated .

We are booked into a deluxe pavillion which is the best to ask for view wise do any have a sea view and pool view.I look forward to your comments also anyone else who has stayed here.

thanks

usa
5. Re: Cost of day trips to phi phi from Rayavadee Resort

What I saw of Phi Phi, I would not want to stay there. I have seen on this web site that the Holiday Inn and Erwan are in a nice part of the island, though. I do not know where they are but if they are out of Phi Phi town I may consider it. The sand is whiter on PhiPhi but the drama of the cliffs at Rayavadee was great. You can take rock climbing lessons right outside the resort or walk to eat on Raylai within 25 yards. We paid alot for our private boat trip to Phi Phi- $550 us , I think , but there were six of us with 3 men working the boat for the whole day. Back to your question, if I went back I would check into a few days at Phi Phi perhaps if you are easily bored, we did a lot of relaxing. We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit #344 in the "Raylai section" this was right by the pool, beach and an open air restaurant where we ate most of our lunches and never ate outside the resort. Just liked the view and became lazy , I guess. I loved the location, I do not think I would want to be stuck somewhere in the middle of the resort- ask for the Raylai section.

Hope this helps, I would be happy to try to answere anything else but I have to say Ioved the Rayavadee.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
6. Re: Cost of day trips to phi phi from Rayavadee Resort

khfrazier,

Your speed boat trip on exchange rates probably about £300 english money i would be happy to pay that to give my partner a treat. Was this the Rayavadees private boat ? How long did you have it for and where did it take you? There is only two of us so i know its extravagent but if its a great day out then its money well spent. I shall probably do other trips as well on the longtail boats and maybe some of the other speed boat trips i just thought it would be nice to go perhaps where other tourists do not go as they have to please the whole boat

Thanks

usa
7. Re: Cost of day trips to phi phi from Rayavadee Resort

Yes, it was the Rayavadee's private speed boat. It had a bathroom and was about 38 ft long with 2 guys in uniform and one guy who was kind of the "guide". They were so nice. Maybe if you have ideas of where you want to go they can go where you want. We just let them take us wherever. I will try to remember the other island besides the 2 Phi Phi islands that we went to . You could take long tail boats on shorter trips and I think that would be fun- you could just get one on Raylai beach. We did not do that but I kinda wish we had. I would like to have seen more of the area around Krabi but I was too busy relaxing.

The speed boat was 20,000 baht + something like 2000 baht per person for the private.

K Frazier

London, UK
reviews: 5
8. Re: Cost of day trips to phi phi from Rayavadee Resort

Hi there

I'm very interested to read your posts as we're keen to stay at the Rayavadee too and also do the boat trip out to Phi Phi. Can you tell me how long it took to get from the resort to the snorkelling spots on Phi Phi, and if at any tme any of you felt seasick? That's my one fear, although we're going in November when it's supposed to be calmer.

Thanks

Catherine

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
9. Re: Cost of day trips to phi phi from Rayavadee Resort

pigli,

Hi there i will be at the Rayavadee from the 21st november for a week so if you go before me will you let us have some info on prices ect. I am now hoping to get the speed boat on something a bit more private for a day but i am not willing to go over £300 other than that its do what another trip advisor mentioned and try and get a small group.As other people have used the hotels boat and all raved about it.Also they have had a private barbeque and raved about that as well so that is another thing i want to do as well.

Originally i had looked to stay at phi phi but decent accomm is going to cost me. I think you have to be carefull where you stay i cant afford zeavola on top of the Rayavadee burt i so much want to see phi phi and the other places of interest in that area as i beleive it would be so wonderfull.What i dont want is some one on the phuket forum site said they went on a tourist boat excursion to phi phi and they described it as a tour out of hell with hundreds of people all descending from boats and a nightmare with rubbish and litter every where. So i am hoping to try and avoid that kind of trip as i think that could so easily happen.

I would think in november that the weather should be kind and i am hoping for nice sunny days. If you are worried about sea sickness i allways travel with pills as i love going on boat trips last year we went on the barrier reef and it did not affect us once.I am really looking forward to staying at this resort .

Regards

Julie

usa
10. Re: Cost of day trips to phi phi from Rayavadee Resort

I get seasick very easily so I was terrified that would happen. I just sat at the back of the boat and made sure I had air blowing in my face and looked at the horizon and felt pretty good. It took at least 45 minutes to get from Rayavadee to the first stop but it was not too rough. There was a short time after leaving Maya Bay and going to Phi Phi town that it was very choppy- I was more terrified than nauseous but that did not last too long. I think we had a good day because I heard the week before they had to come back a few times after 30 minutes because it was too choppy to make it to Phi Phi. I think in calm water that Phi Phi is 45 minutes away by speed boat. It is actually fun to be out looking at the islands in the distance- I recommend it.