We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enough to do in Krabi for 14 nights?

Which Krabi Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 2
Enough to do in Krabi for 14 nights?

Hi All,

This is a great forum, thanks to everyone for posting such great information. We are finally biting the bullet and heading to thailand for 18 nights in November. We are early 30's couple and plan to spend 13 or 14 nights in Krabi and 3-4 nights in Bangkok at the end. We are not looking to go clubbing just nice restaurants and a few nice bars in the evening. Bangkok at the end is for shopping/sight-seeing and getting a nice suit!! We are worried that Krabi may be too quiet for excursions etc.? Would there be enough to do there at this time of the year? We would plan to do an excursion most days (islands, snorkelling, elephants etc..) and relax the other days. Any input would be appreciated or even suggestions on a better itinerary since we have only booked the external flights at this point. Thanks a lot!!

Goole, United...
reviews: 10
1. Re: Enough to do in Krabi for 14 nights?

HI,we usually stay 10,to 12 nights in Krabi,and never get bored.Your post suggests that you don't want it hectic anyway,so i think you have made a good choice.There are enough restuaraunts to visit,and some nice seafood resturaunts by the waterfront.There are also a few bars,at Ao-Nang centerpoint for evening drinks,and bars dotted about all over.

Railey beaches are stunning,there are 3 beaches in between the limestone cliffs,where the Rayavadee hotel is located,and a couple of interesting caves to visit.If you visit for the day,it is easy to get a longtail boat to here,or if you have 13/14 nights,why not book one of the small hotels here for 2 or 3 nights.

There are a few off shore islands to visit,and Koh hong is nice to go to for the day,where snorkelling is good,.Krabi town is worth a look,Susan Hoi shell cemertary is interesting,then there are temple visits,and jungle treks too.

Phi Phi Island is also an option for a day visit,or a couple of nights stay.

I would definately do your shopping in Bangkok,as there is more choice,but we do tend to buy stuff in Krabi as well.

Hope this is of some help.and will try to answer any more questions you have.Hotel options.,,www.krabi.com/www.sawadee.com/www.asiarooms.com

Stavanger, Norway
reviews: 118
2. Re: Enough to do in Krabi for 14 nights?

Hi

My wife and I went to Ao Nang outside Krabi a few years back and it was very quiet compared to Phuket/Samui. But if you just want to relax, take a few days trips etc you should be fine. But it is not too far from Phuket so you can also combine it with a few days there :-) We rented a car while we were there, we went to Tiger Cave temple and walked to the top there, went on a day trip called "James Bond Discovery" etc. I have a trip report that I can share with you...send me a mail on gardkarlsen@hotmail.com and I'll send it to you. The Ao Nang beach is not that great by the way but you can take a short boat ride to get to beautiful beaches.

Regards

Gard

London
reviews: 16
3. Re: Enough to do in Krabi for 14 nights?

I'd have to agree, Ao Nang isnt that great, but good for a spot of shopping, or using the Net in a cafe - grab a longtail boat to railay and your 14 nights will be fantastic. We stayed there last year, early 30's couple like yourselves and we loved it, really relaxing, good food, not many bars, no clubs and no noise(except the longtail boats)

Railay is ace, we'd go back tomorrow!

4. Re: Enough to do in Krabi for 14 nights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, August 15, 2009