We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel best for honeymoon?

Which Krabi Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
reviews: 3
Which hotel best for honeymoon?

Hi, me and the fiancé are planning our honeymoon (late May/early June) in Thailand - so far have decided on the Ayara Hilltops on Phuket and the Pimalai on koh Lanta. We love boutique hotels rather than big resorts, and it must have a lovely beach.

Which is nicest for a honeymoon - Amari Vogue, Tubkaak or Railay Beach - or another?? We were thinking about the Evason on Koh noi but it's stupidly expensive, or the Zeavola on kph phi phi, but put off by the mixed reviews.

Please help!

P

Aonang, Krabi
Destination Expert
for Krabi Town
reviews: 27
11. Re: Which hotel best for honeymoon?

The Seaview Villas are great for honeymooners

reviews: 18
12. Re: Which hotel best for honeymoon?

All the rooms are very nice at the Tubkaak. If you book the cheapest you will get a very good room situated around the pool area on the ground floor. The next is the Deluxe which is a room upstairs around the pool or a room with a garden view. All these rooms are of a very good standard and all have outside bathrooms and plenty of space. If you want to spend a bit more go for the seaview rooms, you get a bigger balcony and of course a sea view, these are semi detached. To be honest any room you book is fine. The hotel only has 40 rooms so wherever you stay is great. You don't actually need a sea view because the whole hotel is built on a beach and the ambiance is the same anywhere in the hotel.

Oudendijk, The...
reviews: 5
13. Re: Which hotel best for honeymoon?

Hi everybody

well noodlesetc seems to know what he is talking about when refering to the Tubkaak resort and the Amari vogue, ofcourse there is a difference in price the Amari is much cheaper, which makes me wonder whether the Tubkaak was overpriced in the first place because of its unique secluded location. Maybe the Amari is not as plush as the Tubkaak? but is trying to win over clients with its low prices. I am just trying get a better picture of the price difference especially with them being both 5 star and next door to each other maybe Noodlesetc could offer his ideas as to why.

Manicus

australia
reviews: 14
14. Re: Which hotel best for honeymoon?

Hi manicus

I believe the Amari Vogue only opened in December 2007 so therefore, traditionally, hotels will offer a very good opening rate to get the guests in. The website for Amari vogue is very good - the hotel looks excellent. Difficult choice to make!

J

McGregor, South...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town
reviews: 103
15. Re: Which hotel best for honeymoon?

Hi Manicus

I guess it depends on what you like. Unfortuantely I have not stayed at either hotel but I did have several lunches at the Amari. I looked at the rooms there and I looked at the Tubkaak. I liked the Amari very much - my impresssion of the Tubkaak was that is was rather dark and dated but that is only an impression. Certainly everyone that stays at Tubkaak seems to love it and the staff are probably very good (as they were at the Amari). I cant say I was particularly taken with the beanbags and the beach almost disappears at high tide. The Amari has proper loungers on the beach. When I was there in January the Tubkaak seemed very busy, the Amari just seemed more select with fewer people but then that is probably due to the fact that the Tubkaak is much more established. Price is obviously a consideration - if you get a good deal from the Amari, I dont think you will be disappointed. Both hotels are relatively remote and in a 'unspoilt' area

Aonang, Krabi
Destination Expert
for Krabi Town
reviews: 27
16. Re: Which hotel best for honeymoon?

The Tubkaak has a fantastic feel to it - i haven't been in the Amari but i don't reckon they could match it. Ask yourself why it is always number 1 on tripadvisor, then make a decision from there.

Oudendijk, The...
reviews: 5
17. Re: Which hotel best for honeymoon?

Hi lost farang

I have read the Tubkaak is no 1 choice, but then again it was the only one on that secluded position until the amari opend, and in one of the posts somebody did say that they thought that the rooms looked a bit dark and the place i bit out dated.

Anyway as I will be visiting hopefully end of april begining of may out of season so to say, maybe it would be a good idea just to turn up there have a look at both then make my decision. I always find these decisions to be difficult when making a choice of hotel especially with the ones that get good reviews or have a good reputation for a few years already, a bit like the Oriental and Shangri la in Bangkok excellent service and food, but both a bit shabby out dated and like a well trodden path, you pay for the name really and thats what worries me with the Tubkaak.

Manicus.

reviews: 18
18. Re: Which hotel best for honeymoon?

I think turning up and having a look at both hotels is a good idea. They are quite different but both nice in their own way. The Tubkaak is not part of a chain of hotel whereas the Amari is. The Tubkaak has been built in an unspoilt location, leaving trees and shrubs giving an organic feel which may give an impression of being dark and dingy but it certainly is not. The hotel is certainly not dated just built using a lot of wood etc rather than brick keeping an authentic look. The water features are fed by mountain water, the gardeners use organic materials etc, even the mosquito control is organic rather than chemical, incidentally three of us stayed for 9 nights and none of us were bitten by mosquitos.

The Tubkaak is a beautiful hotel set in a natural environment which would suit some but not others.

Lichfield, England
reviews: 6
19. Re: Which hotel best for honeymoon?

Manicus,

I've stayed at the Tubkaak twice and watched the Amari being built... Off to Krabi on Friday, including 3 days at the Amari and another week at the Tubkaak... It's obvious, do you want a stylish, new, plush hotel, or a real Thai experience? There's something quite unique about the Tubkaak.. which is why the likes of myself and Noodlesetc return.. difficult to quantify in terms of money..

Considering your comments regarding the Shangri-La, I'd suggest you stay at the Amari.

20. Re: Which hotel best for honeymoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, September 22, 2009