We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - 16-22 Dec

Which Krabi Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon Tyne
reviews: 6
Trip Report - 16-22 Dec

Arrived in Krabi with Thai Air Asia, great low cost airline, arrived 20 minutes late, but that doesn't bother us after all we are here to relax and chill out. On the return they were half an hour late taking off due to late arrival of the plane.

We had massages everyday and the kids did too which was great for £2-3 each, really relaxing, wish we could do it every day here!!

Day 1

Was collected by the hotel mini bus (Krabi La Playa - have done a brief hotel review), hotel lovely would recommend staying here and staff are helful and curteous.

Went for a walk around Ao nang and for a drink at the Last Bar and chilled out by the pool, had a set meal at the hotel restaurant which was nice.

Day 2

Chilled out by the pool all day, was great to do this after all the hussle and bussle of Bangkok. Went to eat at the Italian on the sea front - La Sputino, food really good, lovely to watch sunset here.

Day 3

My husband's 40th birthday today, the kids and I had put up ballons and banners in their room for him. We were going out with Andaman Camp and Cruise today. We were supposed to be going with Elizabeth and Sun but as Elizabeth had had a baby (Noah - who was gorgeous) we went out with her friends Tracet and Bang Art, we had a fabulous day on the 5 island tour, really relaxing just what we wanted. The kids also learned to snorkel, Tracy was great with the kids and took them into the sea and taught them to snorkel, made our day more relaxing. Krabi is a beautiful place, we loved it.

In the evening we went to Krua Seafood (I think this is the name)where we had a lovely meal and watched the beautiful sunset.

Day 4

Spent all day lazing by the pool, not usually my scene but I had a book so it was lovely to chill out for a change. The kids loved being by the pool and snorkeling with their new masks.

Went to eat in Wannas place, nice food and atmosphere but prefered the restaurants by the sea front.

Day 5

We were intending to go to Tiger Cave, hot springs and waterfalls, but we couldn't be bothered so spent another day lazing by the pool, my OH and I went for a walk but apart from that did nothing which was lovely. We ate in the italian again tonight food great again.

Day 6

Today was our last day - we went to Railey Beach and the others around there for the morning, the monkeys here are hilarious and kept me entertained for about an hour. Then went back and spent the rest of the day, you guessed it, by the pool!! Ate here at Golden Beach resort which was lovelt food.

Day 7

We went shopping today around Ao nang and stayed by the pool until 4pm, when we had a shower as we checked out at 12pm and got ready for our flight back to the UK.

I loved Krabi and though I never usually return to places I would return here, it is stunningly beautiful, any questions please PM me.

Guernsey CI UK
reviews: 7
11. Re: Trip Report - 16-22 Dec

Hi Michelle, thanks for your report we are really looking forward to our trip in Feb, not long to go ! I take it you didn't do the elephant trekking trip in the end, I don't think we will but still have an open mind, and will see when we get there. How did your children enjoy Krabi, any tips for me, how did they cope with heat, food etc. ? many thanks Linda

Newcastle upon Tyne
reviews: 6
12. Re: Trip Report - 16-22 Dec

My eldest daughter didn't eat a lot until she found Tom Ka Gui which is a coconut chicken soup you can have with rice and is not spicy. Ask for things Mae pet (pronounced My pet!!) which is not spicy.

They were OK with the heat, although we had a bit of an allergic reaction to the Deet spray we used, though we do have a lot of allergies anyway.

If I can help in anyway else with questions etc feel free to PM me.

13. Re: Trip Report - 16-22 Dec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, September 16, 2009