We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pak Chong to Khoan Kaen

Which Khon Kaen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield
reviews: 33
Pak Chong to Khoan Kaen

Can anyone advise how to get to Khon Kaen from Pak Chong? Also, how is it best to travel to Vientien from Khon Kaen?

Thanks

7 replies to this topic
Bangkok, Thailand
1. Re: Pak Chong to Khoan Kaen

Train or bus from Pak Chong. From Khon Khen take a bus or train to Nong Khai then a bus over the bridge.

Sheffield
reviews: 33
2. Re: Pak Chong to Khoan Kaen

Thanks, is the Visa situation literally all done on arrival? Just bring photos and cash?

Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 1
3. Re: Pak Chong to Khoan Kaen

From Pakchong take bus to Korat and Change bus to khonkaen

From Khonkaen take bus to mukdahan

and take bus to suvannakhet and change bus to hue vietnam

Khon Kaen, Thailand
reviews: 37
4. Re: Pak Chong to Khoan Kaen

Trains in Thailand are very slow, so it is quicker to take a bus to Khorat and then get a bus to Khon Kaen.

You can get a Laos visa in Khon Kaen, but the consulate is outside of downtown, so it's much easier for you to do it at the border - just bring photos and cash.

Udon Thani, Thailand
reviews: 60
5. Re: Pak Chong to Khoan Kaen

if you get your visa in KK, very advisable if having the time, then you can take the international bus from downtown KK, to downtown Vientiane. doesn't get any easier or cheaper than that.

you are supposed to have the visa before hand / boarding the int'l bus, but IF they will sell you a ticket anyway, I would take the bus, again, easy and inexpensive, and worst scenario, they leave you at the border, as processing may take longer than they will wait.

Chiang Khong...
reviews: 1
6. Re: Pak Chong to Khoan Kaen

Hi

are you aware this is a two yr old post.

Udon Thani, Thailand
reviews: 60
7. Re: Pak Chong to Khoan Kaen

apparently not................................LOL

I just woke up and haven't had my coffee yet..................HONEY...........where's my damn coffee.......

maybe someone will actually use the 'search' and maybe help them............cup is still half full......LOL

I'm blaming it on ....Piak007......for popping it back up.............LOL

Edited: 9:53 pm, May 23, 2014
Reply to: Pak Chong to Khoan Kaen
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Khon Kaen