We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kanchanaburi for a day trip suggestions for tigers+elephant

Which Kanchanaburi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Christchurch, New...
reviews: 2
Kanchanaburi for a day trip suggestions for tigers+elephant

Me and three other mates are going to bangkok at the end of January. We were planning to come to Kanchanaburi for a day trip to see the tiger temple and visit one of the elephant camps for a ride. I have seen some packaged tours but these seem a bit over inflated in price. Being students we would rather go for any cheaper options out there. Does anyone have any experience of doing a similar itinerary.

Also if we visit the tiger temple in the afternoon is it advisable to visit an elephant camp afterwards or in the morning?

Going afterwards maybe better as we can visit other things in Kanchanaburi in the morning.

Any suggestions would be welcomed

Thanks!

London, United...
1. Re: Kanchanaburi for a day trip suggestions for tigers+elephant

Prices being quoted might well reflect the high admission charges made at the tiger temple as well as the fact that its in a remote location.

Kanchanaburi...
reviews: 28
2. Re: Kanchanaburi for a day trip suggestions for tigers+elephant

Hi

Entrance to Tiger Temple for the afternoon program is 600 baht per person. And activities with elephants are also expensive. They start from 500 baht per person depending on the activity and length of time you spend.

The afternoon program starts from 12 noon onwards. I guess it depends on how long you want to spend with the tigers. If you stay to the end, it would be about 4.30pm when you finish, so you will not have time for the elephants after that.

For a day trip, it is best you book a tour instead of trying to do it on your own. If, however, you wish to stay at least one night in Kanchanaburi, you can then achieve more.

Saudi Arabia
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
reviews: 21
3. Re: Kanchanaburi for a day trip suggestions for tigers+elephant

Hi,

I suggest you stay in Kanchanaburi a little longer. If you are seriously interested in elephants you could visit Elephants World:

http://elephantsworld.org/en/index.php

4. Re: Kanchanaburi for a day trip suggestions for tigers+elephant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 01, 2014