We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

local transport

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
reviews: 139
local transport

Staying at the Sheraton.........they do offer a shuttle into Hua Hin I believe. Not sure what is closer Cha am or Hua Hin or which place is bigger and better. Once we are in Hua Hin we would like to stay for Dinner a few nights and so forth till later in the evening. What are the options to get back to the hotel and prices for the same..........Any other advice would be fantastic.

4 replies to this topic
Hua Hin, Thailand
reviews: 1
1. Re: local transport

Hi, the Sheraton is technically in the Cha Am district but is closer to Hua Hin but not a great deal of difference. As for the two towns they are as different as chalk and cheese with precious little to do in Cha Am except lay on a quite nice sandy beach, wander around a few beach style shops and does have some nice places to eat in but for anything any livelier you need to go to Hua Hin for a great deal more to see and do plus night life.

Options for travel are limited really to whatever the hotel offers by way of a shuttle or travel by taxi. You could also wander down to the main road and hop on any of the frequent buses travelling between the two towns.

canada
2. Re: local transport

We are all for using the local buses - not neccessarily to save money but get engrained a little more in the culture...........and do as the Thai's would do! As long as it makes sense and is convenient.

What times do these buses run and could we literally get on / off at the Sheraton or I would imagine on the main road that goes by it? This would be a great option if possible and of course safe?

Hua Hin, Thailand
reviews: 1
3. Re: local transport

Hi okop, there isn't much of a timetable that these buses follow other than to say they're quite frequent, but yes you just flag them down. Basically you would stand by the entrance to the Hotel and wave one down as it nears. You probably won't recognise them at first but I'm sure the security guards at the entrance would point one out to you and help out with a small tip offered for their assistance.

Major problem would be in coming back when the bus would stop across the other side of a sometimes very busy 6 lanes of carriageway so caution needed in crossing so perhaps use the hotels options for your return journey.

canada
4. Re: local transport

Excellent.........I think we might use this option or at least give it a shot! Does there happen to be locals or drivers that a person can rent for the day with a vehicle or van? Just curious if they have something like this and what kind of costs a person would be looking at?

One other question - What would be the closest beach and/or island with nice white sand and clear water..........is there anything close enough to go for the day? or just too far and inconvenient. My understanding is that the Hua Hin area beaches are not like this - we are o.k. with that as we can relax just as well by the pools etc., but thought if something was fairly close we might take it in for a day.

Reply to: local transport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted